What do you love/like most about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneStar1989

Reaction score
So I guess this thread is born out of the fact that people always complain about themselves, or atleast I do, so I wanna try and appreciate some things about who I am.

I'll go first, I like my eyes - they are light brown/hazel and I think they are quite nice to look at ;)

Why are there no replies to this? I think it was a lovely idea for a thread!

I love that I take after my dad. :) He was this big, loud character that could make you laugh without trying. His hands were always flying every which way, giving life to the stories he would tell. There were a lot of dreams in his arsenal.

He has been gone for eight years now. I'd like to think that I carry on his enthusiasm for life, even when the going gets tough. :)

Agreed it's a nice idea for a thread. Only one problem, I can't think of anything I like about myself haha.
Oh, I do like the fact that I care what happens to people, if that counts.

I'm alone a lot, no real friends, no girlfriend for years and years.....the only functional social contacts I have are structured public service volunteer organizations BUT! ! By golly I contribute to the mission in those programs! I put in time, talent, tools and some effing enthusiasm too! And I do like that about myself.

Another thing I like about myself is the dogged determination to succeed. I used to suffer OCD, battled it, pummelled it, went and dealt with the anxiety by facing head on rough seas on my husband's 88ft sloop - that was enough to make me realise the OCD had lost its tenacious hold over me. Three, nearly fours later I am free! It was a battle, but I won thanks also to a super therapist and the CBT tools they gave me to apply.

I also gave up smoking. Had to because I'm diabetic. At the time it felt like I was going mad during the terrible nicotine withdrawal, but giving up though tough can be done if the will is there. I am - one tough young woman.

To quote Johann Wolfgang von Goethe from The Sorrows of Young Werther: “I am proud of my heart alone, it is the sole source of everything, all our strength, happiness and misery. All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.”

HoodedMonk said:
PenDragon said:
HoodedMonk said:
I'm not sure what I like about myself.

Well, Can I help a little? :)

Go ahead. :)

Let me try, nudge me If I'm wrong...
  • You are a "demon" hunter
  • You are **** good observer
  • You help people
  • You have deeper understanding of things more than me.

Those are only just few, there is more But I'm trying not to spill everything out in public :D

PenDragon said:
  • You help people

Those are only just few, there is more But I'm trying not to spill everything out in public :D

I appreciate your discretion.

Sometimes it's hard for me to know what I like/love about myself since I feel as if I am not anything special. I'm glad to know you think I help people and that I have some understanding of things. Oftentimes I think I don't understand anything and that helping people isn't of much worth.

Thank you, Dragon.

HoodedMonk said:
PenDragon said:
  • You help people

I appreciate your discretion.

Sometimes it's hard for me to know what I like/love about myself since I feel as if I am not anything special. I'm glad to know you think I help people and that I have some understanding of things. Oftentimes I think I don't understand anything and that helping people isn't of much worth.

Thank you, Dragon.

Always a pleasure :)

I have kind eyes, very sincere or what I've heard... :shy: I also like my laugh and weird humor. :p

I have never murdered anyone
I try not to be intentionally mean to people
I make bad puns
I laugh hysterically at bad jokes or for no reason because I'm nervous a lot
I'm in good shape and not hideously disfigured...I don't think...
That's all I've got

Honestly, not much, because I feel like I was born without any natural abilities or aptitudes, therefore making me incapable of being impressive or able to outcompete others which I think is why I have a lot of the problems I have.

I guess I like that I wasn't born with some kind of terrible illness or other health problems, I like my own taste in things (obviously, but I do like it), and I like that I'm more warm and friendly than cold, sarcastic, and critical. That's about it.

Latest posts

Back