feeling hopeless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
due to my anxiety my heart races off all day everyday, I got kicked out of university, my thyroid problems made all my hair fall out, im 21 im bald now, I started university at 18 im ******* 21 now and haven't made any progress. its hard to watch everyone move up in life and youre stuck while time is passing. everyone is getting gfs and getting married, im so ugly and such a ******* loser, I been to so many drs and all have dismissed my claims, sometimes I feel so sick that I think im dying. I been trying so hard to impress this girl only to find out she doesn't give a honeysuckle about me , but then again no one does. my parents only argue with me and stress me out while my sister is treated like royalty. all my friends don't talk to me no more they bad mouth me and they don't care that I even exist. I have zero ******* talent, no education, no girlfriend, no friends, no life, I got nothing...I don't wanna kill myself but is this life worth? my chest hurts and heart races, everyone has friends to hang with, I just sit alone and watch while I cry like a ***** at night. I tried everything to grow my hair back but I shaved my ******* head im fed up I look ******* stupid and my confidence is gone I cant even show my face in public im so ******* ashamed of myself what the fresia do I do now? what?

I apologize for the language but im jjust in a real bad state thanks if you cared to read this.

Every life is worthwhile.

As for changing things... which one of those problems is the root or closest to the root? Anxiety? Social life? Appearance? Self-esteem? You don't have to ignore all the other problems, but finding one to start with can at least gain you enough momentum to start feeling better and open up new options elsewhere.

Generally, I think dating is the least of anyone's problems when they're struggling with mental and physical health because it's just more upkeep for someone else's needs, but I'm not your mother and I'm not going to tell you what to care about.

I agree with Tealeaf-start with one of your problems and work on that one first. Trying to sort out everything at once would be too much.

Tealeaf said:
Every life is worthwhile.

As for changing things... which one of those problems is the root or closest to the root? Anxiety? Social life? Appearance? Self-esteem? You don't have to ignore all the other problems, but finding one to start with can at least gain you enough momentum to start feeling better and open up new options elsewhere.

Generally, I think dating is the least of anyone's problems when they're struggling with mental and physical health because it's just more upkeep for someone else's needs, but I'm not your mother and I'm not going to tell you what to care about.

believe me I tried changing but I just don't know what else to do, seeing your life go to absolute honeysuckle takes a bad toll on you

FWIW, I think the environment that one is in makes a really big difference. Is there any place that you get comfort from? Can you make a place of comfort somewhere? I got that advice to make a place of comfort that I can go to, from someone once. It took me a long while to understand how to do this, but it really did help.

Sometimes said:
FWIW, I think the environment that one is in makes a really big difference. Is there any place that you get comfort from? Can you make a place of comfort somewhere? I got that advice to make a place of comfort that I can go to, from someone once. It took me a long while to understand how to do this, but it really did help.

nope no place of comfort, i had an apartment whee i stayed when i attended university but got kicked out of it, my sister made me leave so idk if a happy place even exists for me....

It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself. I admit I was in a similar way in my late teens/early twenties. There's this kind of societal pressure to do things in life and have everything sorted by certain time frames but sometimes things don't work out that way. I actually didn't get my degree until I was 28 when I went back as a mature student but I was in a lot better place mentally to do it then than I was at 21 when I feeling overwhelmed and dropped out. In fact things didn't really improve until I reached 25, it's gradual but it's getting better.

Give yourself time, you've been through some shitty things. But although it may seem like things will always be the way they are now, they can definitely change for the better and I hope that things do get better for you.

Latest posts

Back