Multiple issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drakoflash

Reaction score
I don't even like writing things like this, to me it's just anxiety provoking, but I might as well. So, here goes. Lately I've just been feeling not great, I don't have anyone to talk to, home life isn't the best, and I don't have any friends to talk to, I just feel like no one cares, I try to make friends, but it normally doesn't work out, I've only had a few decent friendships in my life, but after a couple of years they all just stopped caring, I don't expect things from others, but I do want friendships, if not more, I've never had a relationship. I've never kissed anyone. I could on for hours, but I'm not trying to do this for attention, I just want it off my chest. People at my school don't even look at me, I used to try to be social, talking to whoever would listen, and I would try to build relationships, but I just stopped because people would just walk away, or not listen, or etc, I'm not going to go as far as to call myself an outcast, but whenever I'm anywhere, I'm usually alone. I sit in class no one will sit beside me, or at lunch I sit alone, y'know general things. I'm just sick of it. And I know I just ranted for a long time, and if you took the time to read it, thanks. I don't expect anything, just to post it in general.

I'm guessing you are in high school?

It can be a rough time in your life. What makes it hard is that you are kinda stuck, because your parents control where you live and go to school. Which really isn't cool when you are trying to branch out and make friends. Sometimes you are in an area where you just don't fit in. I see this with lots of kids at the school I teach at. They are depressed, and lonely, and end up hating their peers because they are different. But you know what? They graduate, and go somewhere else. They go to college, or the workforce, and they find people they can related too. Life is way better for them now. I really have no advice to make this better for you, just, wait it out, until you can get somewhere. I sucks I know, but internet friends are nice in situations like this.

Nicolelt said:
I'm guessing you are in high school?

It can be a rough time in your life. What makes it hard is that you are kinda stuck, because your parents control where you live and go to school. Which really isn't cool when you are trying to branch out and make friends. Sometimes you are in an area where you just don't fit in. I see this with lots of kids at the school I teach at. They are depressed, and lonely, and end up hating their peers because they are different. But you know what? They graduate, and go somewhere else. They go to college, or the workforce, and they find people they can related too. Life is way better for them now. I really have no advice to make this better for you, just, wait it out, until you can get somewhere. I sucks I know, but internet friends are nice in situations like this.

Thanks for the advice you did give, it sounds like it will be better after I go off to another place/school. Thanks again, it's certainly better than nothing.

Hi Drakoflash. Nicolelt is so right, wait it out, it'll change.

I wanna say something encouraging. All I can say is that I had exactly that experience, I waited, it changed. It got better.

I also agree with Nicolelts that internet friends are nice at a time like this. I would say that a fair number of lonely people who are also on the quiet side can find kindred spirits online.

I also agree with Nicole.

But, I want to add something about what's going on at school. Is it possible that your anxiety and depression is pushing people away from you, making others keep their distance.
People can tell when you are depressed and anxious, no matter how hard to try to hide it, so they could be picking that up, or even making it into you not wanting to be around (teenagers tend to go for the worst, from what I've seen) and therefore keep their distance.
As for your friends, are you sure you didn't push them away? How often did YOU go to them to talk or do things? Did you enjoy the time and laugh and whatnot when you did?

Try to open yourself up a little more and talk to people again. You rarely get something for nothing and you have to try before you can succeed. But, as has been stated, soon you will have the chance to switch things up and get a fresh start, so keep your chin up and don't let it get you down.

^What they all said, pretty much. Making some friendships through online could help some, I know it did for me. Still do, to be honest. I certainly hope you can find some like-minded individuals here you can get along with. Good luck, Drakoflash!

Latest posts

Back