Just a thought...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TropicalStarfish

Reaction score
In my personal experience in dealing with the opposite sex lately, I've come to notice something that has particularly bothered me...

This is my own experience, so take it for what you will.

I am a man.

I have noticed many women have an aversion, while some don't, to certain words. The C word the B word, and I'm sure there are many many more that aren't even worth listing.

What I conclude and deduce for myself is that, it's not so much the, 'word', itself, but the context in which it's used as well as the tone. Such words can be words of abuse and do some very hefty damage. That being said, I can completely understand why certain women would not only have an aversion to them, but not tolerate them...

That all being said, to whom every may read this, I would just like to add something to all that...

Despite society telling us (men in general and I am generalizing) that we should be 'tough', 'be a man', 'suck it up', 'man up', etc.. etc... Despite all of that (and 'being a man' has it's uses for both men and women, there are times when it becomes necessary to do so) men do have feelings too...

I am by no means defending those men who have used words to maliciously attack another person... I am however pointing out, that for me personally, hearing women say certain words can be very hurtful as well...

To be called a dick, a pussy, a ******, a creep, crazy etc.. etc...

Now I am speeking of my own personal experience and some of those words have been leveled against me, some not, but again, it's not about the words... What irritates me the most about this, and what 'hurts', the most, is the casual indifference that some times comes with saying these things... Visually I think of some one doing surgery with a steak knife, or painting a portrait with a mop...

If you catch a man peeping through your window to watch you shower, then sure, he is a creep and a criminal... If a man harms you physically then, yeah, he is what you would call him and a criminal...

There is proper context and such for certain things... However, not ALL men are like that... No man is perfect, nor is any woman...

However, I believe the majority of all men and women are for the most part... are very decent creatures who want nothing more than to love and be loved, and the tragic part is that some times our inability to meet our partners needs while getting our own needs met, or even acquire a partner, leads to much suffering...

...but I would just like to say specifically to any of the women reading this...

...if you can or care to, be careful with your words...

Ultimately it's up to us whether we let words affect us or not... And nobody asks for abuse, but for me personally, I've accepted it many times, because I was not strong enough to walk away, stand up to it, or think more highly of myself...

...So this is simply a petition to, be careful with your words... and of course that goes for everyone, but I'm just talking on my own experience here...

The opposite sex is almost asuredly going to be a source of pain at some point in any persons life (or the same sex if your fabulous), but there is no need to demean or put down an entire gender or even a particular person because of past wrongs that have been brought against you by one, a few, or even a string of men...

None of us men are perfect, no, and I will even admit I've been an ******* on more than one occasion... We've all got one...

But most of us men and women... are decent people... desiring respect... desiring love... and I think we all dare to take the risks that come with seeking the latter... and the former is a prerequiste requirement for the latter...

This isn't directed towards anyone in specific, nor do I lack awareness and respectful recognition for what others have gone through, this is just my thoughts on observations I've held recently, and experiences I've had over the course of my years...

Ultimately it's up to me or anyone else bothered by these words to grow a bit of a thicker skin and or not tolerate it, but in the hope for a world where we don't all have to be tanks to survive encounters with one another...

thanks for reading :D

TropicalStarfish said:
In my personal experience in dealing with the opposite sex lately, I've come to notice something that has particularly bothered me...

...if you can or care to, be careful with your words...

Ultimately it's up to us whether we let words affect us or not... And nobody asks for abuse, but for me personally, I've accepted it many times, because I was not strong enough to walk away, stand up to it, or think more highly of myself...

...So this is simply a petition to, be careful with your words... and of course that goes for everyone, but I'm just talking on my own experience here...

hmmm... yes. One of the Four Agreements is "Be impeccable with your word". Don Miguel Ruiz. It's the first agreement.

Latest posts

Back