Intro post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niceguysfinishlast

Reaction score
Hi everyone, while i've been on here a while now, i decided to make an intro post anyway. So i googled "no social life in college" and found this forum and all i gotta say is thank you whoever created Alonelylife. I'm glad to know i'm not the only one who feels lonely in college. Here's the thing though: i don't choose to be isolated, my family's the cause of it. All i ever do is visit relatives and other stuff (like school) gets in the way otherwise. I went from having a social life in grade school and high school to being virtually isolated in college. There are only so many things you can miss out on before you get tired of it. I'm also not saying i should never visit relatives, it's just tiring to see no one but them every single weekend. I need to be around people who think like me and have the same interests as me, and my family sure to hell doesn't fall under either category! All the clubs at my college that i joined hardly do anything, so they don't help either!

What's in a name? I believe that nice guys do finish last. Most chicks go for the jocks and the bad boys usually, whereas i get repeatedly friendzoned. :'(

Do any of you have family that causes you to have no social life? If yes, you're not alone! :)

Hey there, welcome :)

One question...What should I call you? Your whole nic like "niceguysfinishlast" Or Simply which I think would be good is "Mr.Nice Guy". Any suggestion please.

Hi niceguysfinishlast. I've seen you post, some.

I think you're not finished yet. So then, you haven't finished last. Right?

Welcome.

Welcome to the forum.

It's hard sometimes when you're struggling to find a group where you fit in, especially in college. With everyone spread out there would seem to be more opportunity to find more people with similar interests, but it's not always the case. Just keep trying

Hey niceguysfinishlast. Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean, sometimes it seems like you get nowhere being how you are. But you just haven't met the right people who would appreciate your kind nature and would actually put you before those bad boys etc. Just gotta keep going and meet new people to try your luck. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Good luck!

Thanks Ian.

Pen: I think "Mr. Nice Guy" sounds like a good one. ;)

Sometimes: I hope so.

Wolves: I concur. Everyone is spread out to where all my friends are working or are in class so i'm always eating lunch by myself. :/

Lady4saken: Hopefully i'll find a girl who would date a nice guy, but the older i get the less hopeful i am of finding one. Perhaps when i'm 21 i can go bar-seeing then i'll meet a ton of new people hopefully.

niceguysfinishlast said:
Lady4saken: Hopefully i'll find a girl who would date a nice guy, but the older i get the less hopeful i am of finding one. Perhaps when i'm 21 i can go bar-seeing then i'll meet a ton of new people hopefully.

Hey NiceGuy (hope that's ok for me to call you that),
I urge you to be very careful about going to bars to feel better. Don't don't don't become a victim of alcohol, please.

Sometimes said:
niceguysfinishlast said:

Hey NiceGuy (hope that's ok for me to call you that),
I urge you to be very careful about going to bars to feel better. Don't don't don't become a victim of alcohol, please.

Oh don't worry, i likely won't like beer anyways. I don't drink soda so yeah, it's highly likely that i won't like alcohol anyway. I can go bar-seeing and still be sober i guess.

Latest posts

Back