A friendship, so conditional.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
A person from here messaged me. We talked for somedays. And told me we could be friends. But later, I was told not to ask anything about her. I am not allowed to:

1. Know her name.
2. Know her interests.
3. Know her career.
4. Know her age.
5. Know her problems.
6. Know her anything.
7. Know about her life and people in it.
8. Know where she lives. Not even the country or continent.

All I am allowed to know is that she is a girl.

So why is it called friendship? What is there left to talk? And why is she calling it friendship?Even when I know a lot about a person, it takes me years to think what to reply. And here, you can see.

Did you ask her why? Or how is a friendship going to be formed if you don't get to know each other? Of course it's understandable if someone doesn't want to give away personal information early in an interaction, but interests, hobbies, I think those are pretty okay to give away. Perhaps she changed her mind and doesn't want a friendship anymore.

I agree with ladyforsaken. Keeping personal info private for a while is understandable but surely hobbies and interests are ok to share. Maybe she doesn't want a friendship, or maybe she has had problems with other online friendships and is super scared to write anything which she fears could identify her.

Can only echo what LadyF and Tiina said here. There are always two sides to every story. Maybe this girl had bad experiences in the past and deals with some major anxiety. Ask her about the hows and whys of this secretive behavior and see if she answers.

In the end it's up to you...in case you even deem this worth dealing with. It's obviously not your definition of a friendship which is perfectly fine too. We all have our standards.

Though it wasn't me... the internet is a scary place. I know people who have been driven off by crazy people putting together who they are and harassing them. So I do think it is prudent not to give out most of that list.

But, let me say, I have had a few PMs on here that I do not understand. Like they just want to "chat" but I don't really have time for that. I think PMs should be for longer more in depth communications. And if, like me, you have to hide certain things you can still tell a story but just be vague about everything.

Whoa, we don't discuss personal matters concerning forum members openly.

OP I realize you have questions about such a thing but I'm sorry you'll either have to take it up with the person involved or to PM's not on the forum like this.

kamya said:
Don't bother. He/She is a fuckin crazy person.

You do realize M was talking about a person on THIS forum. That falls under name calling.

Going to have to close this thread anyway, no topics discussing other forum members, take it to PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back