How I Quit Smoking 2 Packs A Day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chun li

Reaction score
Up until around a year or two ago I was a heavy smoker. It got to the point where my chest and back in between my shoulder blades began to become painful and tense. It had to be my heart. I never told anyone about the pain but I just knew that I had to quit.
My grandmother suggested trying e-cigarettes. They didn't sound too attractive to me, but I decided to give them a try. When I filled it up with the e-liquid which contained 18mg of nicotine, and took a drag I was absolutely blown away! I could feel the vapor going down my throat just like a real smoke. I was amazed!

I told my doctor about it and he was happy for me but he also warned that even though e-cigs don't contain all the harsh chemicals that regular cigarettes do, I still have to keep in mind that the nicotine is still bad for my health. After hearing that I dropped the 18mg liquid down to 14mg. It was a fairly easy transition. A few months later I dropped down to 4mg. The lowest I could get. As I'm sitting here typing this I am no longer a smoker. I haven't had anything in at least 7 months. I just wanted to post this for anyone here looking to kick. You can do it. If you want it bad enough you will succeed. Don't let those demon sticks ruin your health and take all of your money.

Yeah fair play mate! It's really difficult quitting so going from 2 packs to none is difficult!

I'm quitting too, down to just one or 2 ciggarettes here and there most weeks. Not smoked anything in 3 or 4 days as i write this..

benj said:
Yeah fair play mate! It's really difficult quitting so going from 2 packs to none is difficult!

I'm quitting too, down to just one or 2 ciggarettes here and there most weeks. Not smoked anything in 3 or 4 days as i write this..
Good for you! Keep it up and you will win. Every day gets a little better. Try and keep your hands busy whether it's playing video games or a guitar. Hands play a HUGE role in the psychological aspect of addiction. Believe me I know.

Well done, you guys. Keep it up and continue being an inspiration to others who are thinking of going on the same journey and also to others who are hooked on other stuff and need to quit.
Best of luck to all of you who has quit and is quitting on harmful habits and addictions.

Congratulations, always good to hear when someone quits smoking. Not only is it unhealthy for you but everyone around you.

Latest posts

Back