Running

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisunderstoodVacancy

Reaction score
I ran a good deal more than I had been this week and feel like my endurance is really improving and I really enjoy that. It's a small thing I guess. I'm not really sure how much else I have going for me.

I don't see it as a small thing at all. You accomplished something and that's all that really matters. Keep going and enjoy the extra endurance. Perhaps sign up for a charity run or something. :)
At the moment, I can barely run 1/4 mile, but I haven't been trying and that was once after years of not running. I'd love to get back into it, but who knows if I'll manage it or not.

forrest-gump-17.jpg

Don't knock the small things, getting up and doing something is a great achievement. Most don't even do that, and running is not only healthy for your body but good to get our for some fresh air, and you enjoy it so even better. Keep up the great work.

^What they said. An achievement is an achievement nonetheless, no matter how small or big it seems to anyone else. As long as it matters to you, that's what's important.

Congratulations! Keep going and all the best to you. :)

Thank you, all! I mean, I feel good about myself for it and it definitely feels really good physically and mentally. I get into such a peaceful rhythm when I run, I'm hoping to do a marathon in November.

Congratulations my friend, you should be proud of yourself :)

Running is fantastic - my sister got me into it after she went from a size 22 ME sufferer to a size 14 marathon runner. I don't know how she does it. But I'm trying to do a 5k run a week now and it feels great.

Running is great for general fitness but while I would like to never-stop when doing so I try to not do anything over 7 km at once as I dont like the skinny marathoners look. Sometimes it just feels too great to allready stop after such lengths but doing 10 k or more is definately overdoing it imho.

There are a ton of people that think, "I WOULD go running.... but I'm bad at it."

It's an accomplishment in and of itself just to go forward and TRY something new, even if you're not that great at it at first. I'd rather you collapse after five feet than give up before you begin.

Good for you!! Very proud. :D

running is great... the trick it to keep running shoes near the outside door, so you don't think about it for a minute before just grabbing them and going out.

Congratulations for doing it!

Latest posts

Back