inconsistent application of rules

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
I have lately witness an inconsistent application of the ALL rules on this forum. I was admonished for bringing up a forbidden topic. I apologized and ended the discussion. Then two other people, one of them a member of ALL staff, continued the discussion. Nothing was said to them. Another member then raised a brand new point within the discussion. That person was also admonished. Is there a reason why some members are told not to bring up forbidden topics while others, including staff, are permitted to get away with continuing to discuss them?

If you mean rainbows and I, neither of us brought up a specific scenario in the thread nor did we discuss anything that was said anywhere, especially in the forum chat. In both our cases it was only an explanation for a misconception you have. We were not bringing up problems, we were trying to solve some that you believe may have happened and prevent such misunderstandings in the future.
I have tried to explain and apologize on multiple occasions for whatever it is you feel actually happened, and it is a little upsetting to know that you may have a grudge against me for something I couldn't fix. I am not here to antagonize you or anyone else, and I sincerely hope mods don't begin admonishing people for genuine apologies. The world would be a sorrier place if people started doing that.

Well, it's time for the forum admin to decide whether some members are more equal than others around here.

Mickey, do you realize you're turning even an apology into an excuse to see red? 'Them against me'? I understand that it truly isn't your fault at all for not understanding that no ill intent or harm was meant towards you at any point, even though that genuinely is the case. So once again, I apologize and wish you good luck.

wary.gif

The forums and the chat room are each run by different people. We had a history of people coming to the forum to air their complaints about the chat room and sometimes just to bash the chat room. Problems with the chat room can not really be adequately addressed by the forum staff, that can only be done by the chat room staff.

Because of this we discourage bring chat issues to the forum. They are better addressed with the people running the chat room who can actually deal with the issue.

I am sorry that you see inconsistencies about this. We used to get whole threads created or hijacked with chat rants and that is what we are trying to avoid. If it is something that a forum mod can respond to with a sentence or two without it taking over the whole thread, then that may be done, while discouraging the use of the forum for chat issues. You are right, that is an inconsistency but it is a not an attempt to make "some members are more equal than others."

Minus said:
The forums and the chat room are each run by different people. We had a history of people coming to the forum to air their complaints about the chat room and sometimes just to bash the chat room. Problems with the chat room can not really be adequately addressed by the forum staff, that can only be done by the chat room staff.

Because of this we discourage bring chat issues to the forum. They are better addressed with the people running the chat room who can actually deal with the issue.

I am sorry that you see inconsistencies about this. We used to get whole threads created or hijacked with chat rants and that is what we are trying to avoid. If it is something that a forum mod can respond to with a sentence or two without it taking over the whole thread, then that may be done, while discouraging the use of the forum for chat issues. You are right, that is an inconsistency but it is a not an attempt to make "some members are more equal than others."

Well said, Minus. As it says in the chat room thread, members can PM me if they are having issues with other members or moderators in the chat room.

There is an understandable need to keep the environment somewhat civil, but when those rules of civility are used as a method to shun and denigrate someone it gets annoying.
Unfortunately the only workaround I've found is to remain at a distance, which is how I have to live my life and a part of why I am so lonely in the first place.

I dunno what the specifics of the situation are though, since I don't know the thread in question or what prompted it.

Latest posts

Back