About the MOM award

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Robin

There seem to be at least as many members who dislikes the idea of rewarding those who works hard for this community than there are who does. This was my idea, You know that, but i had no intentions AT ALL to make this some silly tournament, rather than a simple way to thank their benefactors. Personally i have no need whatsoever for any gratitude, but i am very concerned about all who does so much for people, that they get something for it.

Think of it from their view. How often are they shown any gratitude for what they do? Do they not deserve to get to know that what they're doing is something we really want to thank them for?

My points of view is this: If they never get any gratitude, they might stop working so hard since they don't see that their work is doing any good! That's just plain wrong, AND, if they DID stop, like from the example above, everyone else would suffer from it too!

I'm just giving my reasons and stating my opinion. I may currently be in charge of this website, but i have a right to express myself too, just like You are.

Robin said:
There seem to be at least as many members who dislikes the idea of rewarding those who works hard for this community than there are who does.

I am sure you have seen more comments on it then i have, but from what i have seen people do support rewarding those people, the objection seems to be over having what is seen as a competition over it.

Minus said:
...the objection seems to be over having what is seen as a competition over it.

Which is entirely relative to each person's opinion which i'd say make them irrelevant since the whole idea of the MOM award was based on the community thanking those who did them good. If some people feel that their opinion is over the actual facts, where is their reason and logic sense?

You can sure do whatever you think is best but if you consider it "irrelevant" that some seem to object over a competition then why bother with a poll?

Minus said:
You can sure do whatever you think is best but if you consider it "irrelevant" that some seem to object over a competition then why bother with a poll?

Because it would be interesting to see if anyone actually doesn't think that the MOM award is a bad idea, or if i'm considered as an admin who want people to feel worse about themselves!

Robin said:
Because it would be interesting to see if anyone actually doesn't think that the MOM award is a bad idea, or if i'm considered as an admin who want people to feel worse about themselves!

Robin, i know it is safe to say that there is no one here that feels that you want them to feel worse about themselves. You are very much appreciated and admired.

Minus said:
Robin said:

Robin, i know it is safe to say that there is no one here that feels that you want them to feel worse about themselves. You are very much appreciated and admired.

Well thank You Minus, but i'm obviously far from appreciated by everyone, which i don't care about anyway though. It's just kind of... disturbing to learn that Your work is treated like it was done to do damage to others, i must say. How someone can think that way about people who only want to help is truly beyond me. Everyone doesn't know me that well though.

Perhaps it's i who are too stuck up with coming up with and creating things. The majority will get it's wish through as usual though, and that's another reason why a poll is necessary.

Robin said:
There seem to be at least as many members who dislikes the idea of rewarding those who works hard for this community than there are who does. This was my idea, You know that, but i had no intentions AT ALL to make this some silly tournament, rather than a simple way to thank their benefactors. Personally i have no need whatsoever for any gratitude, but i am very concerned about all who does so much for people, that they get something for it.

Think of it from their view. How often are they shown any gratitude for what they do? Do they not deserve to get to know that what they're doing is something we really want to thank them for?

My points of view is this: If they never get any gratitude, they might stop working so hard since they don't see that their work is doing any good! That's just plain wrong, AND, if they DID stop, like from the example above, everyone else would suffer from it too!

I'm just giving my reasons and stating my opinion. I may currently be in charge of this website, but i have a right to express myself too, just like You are.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Robin.

Robin said:
Minus said:
Robin said:

Well thank You Minus, but i'm obviously far from appreciated by everyone, which i don't care about anyway though. It's just kind of... disturbing to learn that Your work is treated like it was done to do damage to others, i must say. How someone can think that way about people who only want to help is truly beyond me. Everyone doesn't know me that well though.

Perhaps it's i who are too stuck up with coming up with and creating things. The majority will get it's wish through as usual though, and that's another reason why a poll is necessary.

I have no problem with it Robin, in fact I think it a great idea, and I don't think people on here will complete for that title, at least I hope not, and instead are genuine people in which you wouldn't find on myspace, only deserving people on ALL.

I have my own solution and here it is, instead of making a poll about it...Alternative solution, Like rep, a member can sent you an pm promoting what member they feel deserve the title in secret and then you can add it up and from there the member of the month is being introduce.

let me know what you think.

I think that thread and the idea is a good one and I agree with robin that this can be a good way to say thanks to the ppl that where impressed with. I can see some peoples point of view but really its just a bit of fun.

I do think we should do away with the rep sistem though. Since this is going to make a few ppl feel put out. Since also we have the guest book as well now if we wont to say a thanks to someone. This really kills me to say this as I have 52 reps that I well loss :( lol But I do still feel this should go. Get rid of the rep system and keep the MOM award thread and the guest book. That's what I think.

Latest posts

Back