a sex song about a building??? like wut???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
Well, the Rolling Stones did a sex song about driving a car (_Start Me Up_), so why not a sex song about a building? It was originally written in the 1960s and inspired by a hotel room view of the sign on the Metropolitan of New York (MONY) insurance company office building. The guy who wrote the song once remarked that, if his window had faced the other way, the song might have been called _Taft Hotel_. I bet it still would have been a sex song. :D

Billy Idol did a cover of the song that is much sexier than the original. Here's the Spotify link (I use Spotify rather than Youtube):

According to one of the song writers, they were trying to write a party record. The music had already been written and most of the lyrics had been written before they came up with the name. They were looking for a two syllable girls name to use in the song but nothing was sounding right. On seeing the Mutual of New York Insurance Company sign out the window, which they had seen many times before, they decided MONY was perfect to use in the song. He has stated in interviews that with a different view they song may have been named differently.

Latest posts

Back