Suddenly, I really really feel lonely - thanks to media!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58 Voyager

Reaction score
OK, I get it, we all are lonely here, right?

But, we had anchors we could rely on to fill the void. People who seemed to talk to us, night after night, made us laugh, made us forget, for a bit, our loneliness.

They were the anchors that could be counted on to be there, and if one was not around, well, no problem, there was someone else.

But now, they are all gone.

Johnny Carson was the first to go.
Then...
David Letterman
Craig Kilborn
John Stewart
Steven Colbert

Others who made me smile, that relative I wish I had...people who helped me get through angst filled years...

Robin Williams
Joan Rivers
Leonard Nimoy
Ann B. Davis
James Garner
Russel Johnson
So many more....

What a year......what a year!!!

OK, I'm with you on this one, 58 Voyager. Time moves on and public figures we love pass on too. It sucks. And the older I get, the new generation of public figures seem so much lesser in stature than the old ones.

I don't blame the media though.

Real negative thought:
get used to it. An entire generation is retiring / dying. At my work people who have been there for years just aren't anymore. Just aren't.

More positive one:
There are new good things happening and you will make new friends. Granted... most are stupid, but there are diamonds in the rough.

Oh, I feel you on missing those entertainers, especially Joan Rivers, The Colbert Report and The Daily Show. I feel like Jon Stewart has been phoning it in since he announced the end of his show. :(
In 2013, I had a major life change and some days the highlight of my day was crawling into bed at the end of the day and watching The Daily Show on DVR.

-Teresa

My TV provider has a rerun channel. I can watch Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Perry Mason and Star Trek....with Captain Kirk & Spock.....and other entertainment from my youth. They can be a pleasant interlude, a comforting temporary return to an enjoyable past. I turn 62 this year. Although I sometimes still feel like 18, except for a stiff back.

I gave Jimmy Fallon a try and his show is pretty funny :)
And he's young (40s-ish) so he'll be around for awhile :)

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back