She changed her mind.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
There is a girl who asked me to meet her. As many people know the story. But when I said yes, she said she changed her mind and didnt want to meet me. When I asked why, she said, "forget it.
Its ok not to meet you."

What wrong have I done now? Why does this always happen to me? If she didn't want to meet, she couldn't have asked. Why dont people stop harassing me.
And now she is not talking to me. She is the only person who talked to me nicely.I cried all night.

Now I trust no one, I am better alone. As my mother says, I am meant to live alone. I will never make a friend. I will never get married because now I trust no one. Everyone is a ******. Everyone is a loser who shows off his/her happiness to the less lucky people and play with his/her feelings. I want to kill everyone on the earth and live alone with a big smile on my face. I want to me an emotionless terrorist.

I dont want to be sensitive. I dont want to cry like this. I dont want to feel like a loser every morning I wake up.
I want to go to a planet where there is no one else than dumb animals and me and food and air and water.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know why she would do that too you, maybe she has her own problems. Rejection hurts :( I know. Maybe you will have better luck next time.

That sucks, it really does but there are some things you just don't say and talking about killing everyone is one of them. You don't want to put that out there in the universe, especially on the internet no matter how upset you are.

Perhaps you need to see that not everything is your fault. If you know you didn't do anything, and your conscience is clear, then leave it at that. She probably had her own doubts and issues.. sometimes people try to be brave but then get cold feet and change their mind and pull out of a situation quickly like that. Just don't take that experience and deem it as your fate in life.

M_also_lonely said:
There is a girl who asked me to meet her. As many people know the story. But when I said yes, she said she changed her mind and didnt want to meet me. When I asked why, she said, "forget it.
Its ok not to meet you."

What wrong have I done now? Why does this always happen to me? If she didn't want to meet, she couldn't have asked. Why dont people stop harassing me.
And now she is not talking to me. She is the only person who talked to me nicely.I cried all night.

Now I trust no one, I am better alone. As my mother says, I am meant to live alone. I will never make a friend. I will never get married because now I trust no one. Everyone is a ******. Everyone is a loser who shows off his/her happiness to the less lucky people and play with his/her feelings. I want to kill everyone on the earth and live alone with a big smile on my face. I want to me an emotionless terrorist.

I dont want to be sensitive. I dont want to cry like this. I dont want to feel like a loser every morning I wake up.
I want to go to a planet where there is no one else than dumb animals and me and food and air and water.

Don't you think you are over reacting a little ?
One girl changed her mind about meeting you. (Which is her right by the way)

You are way too sensitive. honeysuckle happens in life. You have to deal with it better.

Sci-Fi said:
That sucks, it really does but there are some things you just don't say and talking about killing everyone is one of them. You don't want to put that out there in the universe, especially on the internet no matter how upset you are.

Internet is the only thing that listens to me.

Triple Bogey said:
M_also_lonely said:
Its ok not to meet you."

You are way too sensitive. honeysuckle happens in life. You have to deal with it better.

Would it be wrong if everything would go normally, just for once?
Why aren't things happening to me like this?

If good things aren't meant to happen to me, it should not give me false hopes.How great it would be if she had ignored my message like those 37 people? It wouldnt be as bad as this.

What if I do the same with someone. I think I should try that. If anyhow I am about to get married, I will refuse to marry on the day of marriage, just because it is my right. I will take out money to donate a beggar and when he is expecting me to give, I will tell, "I changed my mind." , just because it is my right.

How simply you said, "One girl changed her mind." Well, she was the only person willing to talk to me.

M_also_lonely said:
Sci-Fi said:

Triple Bogey said:
M_also_lonely said:
Its ok not to meet you."

If good things aren't meant to happen to me, it should not give me false hopes.How great it would be if she had ignored my message like those 37 people? It wouldnt be as bad as this.

What if I do the same with someone. I think I should try that. If anyhow I am about to get married, I will refuse to marry on the day of marriage, just because it is my right. I will take out money to donate a beggar and when he is expecting me to give, I will tell, "I changed my mind." , just because it is my right.

How simply you said, "One girl changed her mind." Well, she was the only person willing to talk to me.

Bad things happen to everybody, it isn't just you. People lose loved ones, people get divorced, people get ill. You have got to take things in your stride more. Sending the messages was a stupid idea. Nobody will get anywhere doing that. Don't whine to women, just talk to them. Say 'hello' - you are worrying too much.

Rejection hurts, there's no way to get around that fact of life. It hurts very much.

That being said, her meeting you was undertaking a big risk. She might've had second thoughts. Even though you yourself know you aren't dangerous, maybe she was just trying to keep herself safe.

Has no bearing on you. Respect her decision even though it hurts...

Triple Bogey said:
M_also_lonely said:
Sci-Fi said:

Triple Bogey said:
M_also_lonely said:
Its ok not to meet you."

Bad things happen to everybody, it isn't just you. People lose loved ones, people get divorced, people get ill. You have got to take things in your stride more. Sending the messages was a stupid idea. Nobody will get anywhere doing that. Don't whine to women, just talk to them. Say 'hello' - you are worrying too much.

I have no problem at all when bad things happen to me, now I have a habit of that. My problem is, why doesnt any good thing happen to me? Why havent anyone in my life ever made me smile,when I am in trouble? Why havent I recieved any call ever in my life that tells me, "Would you like to join us?" Or anyone telling me "How was your day?" Even when I ask it to others.
If I have done anything wrong, then why does this happen to me?

Why doesnt anyone click a picture with me and post it? Why is it that if I do something, nobody sees, but when someone else does, it becomes so special?
Am I hurting people so much? I never fight back, because I never want to hurt them in reality, I ask them things, they ignore.

Well, people get divorced, means they got married, means they are atleast lovable by someone.
I have never experienced happiness, company, love, joy in my life with someone. Why? Am I so stupid?

M_also_lonely said:
Triple Bogey said:
M_also_lonely said:
Sci-Fi said:

Triple Bogey said:
M_also_lonely said:
Its ok not to meet you."

I have no problem at all when bad things happen to me, now I have a habit of that. My problem is, why doesnt any good thing happen to me? Why havent anyone in my life ever made me smile,when I am in trouble? Why havent I recieved any call ever in my life that tells me, "Would you like to join us?" Or anyone telling me "How was your day?" Even when I ask it to others.
If I have done anything wrong, then why does this happen to me?

Why doesnt anyone click a picture with me and post it? Why is it that if I do something, nobody sees, but when someone else does, it becomes so special?
Am I hurting people so much? I never fight back, because I never want to hurt them in reality, I ask them things, they ignore.

Well, people get divorced, means they got married, means they are atleast lovable by someone.
I have never experienced happiness, company, love, joy in my life with someone. Why? Am I so stupid?

I have no idea because I have never met you. Sounds like people don't like you. I know it's terrible and it hurts. Good things don't happen to some of us on here either. I remember I couldn't get a job. It took me 10 years to get one and that was something beneath me working in a shop. I am clever yet people didn't want to employ me. And I saw everybody I know walk into great jobs with loads of money. And they all had girlfriends and cars and I had ******* nothing. Life is honeysuckle for some of us. Don't ever give in though. Fight it. Don't ever give up. One day you will meet somebody who wants to talk to you. However hard it is, try and keep a positive attitude. Don't let those bastards grind you down !

OY! M_also_lonely! You are in a room of your design, telling your troubles to a room full of people who step up to the plate to listen, sympathise, care, give advice. How good is that?!! All that, from a bunch of people who usually couldn't be stuffed with the general populace. People! Yes, Real People! Men and Women! Girls and Boys!

You may think that we are just Internet entities, but I think we're real people. Apparently you are on your way to having a bunch of friends.

OK, so this is a BIG house. Other people have made rooms of their own design. They are sitting there with their own pain, or perhaps they have come out of their room and come into yours to see how you're doing, and say hi. Can you venture out of your room, go into one of theirs and wave and say hi?

So, you wake up with a bunch of people, maybe new friends. What are you going to do with them? You aren't going to just stand there, offer nothing, let them drift away, right? Practice!

M_also_lonely said:
Its ok not to meet you."

I see nothing wrong from you unless you did something which you failed to mention. We will never know what was going inside her mind wether it was good or bad but like all the other things there is always something good if something doesn't happen the way we want, it could have turned out something horrible or something pleasurable either way but take the positivity out of this. She said what she was sure about, she was sure about you and herself as well. Respect that and move on. I know easy to say and **** harder to apply, been there I know exactly what it feels like but you know something there is always someone better out there, someone who would really appreciate your identity, don't let decision of one affect your approach on people.

Don't be insensitive, that's even worse than having sensitive feelings. Those who doesn't feel anything won't feel anything, don't become like that. Crying is good, cry your pain out, it will make things little easier for you and no, one bad experience doesn't define your loser attitude. Regretting and thinking things over and over and staying there like a dead thing that is loser attitude.

Gather your thoughts, muster up and pick things from the floor which is left. Pick them up before you succumb to dark abyss of depression and loneliness. Start things new. Just like few say Rinse and repeat

M_also_lonely said:

I think that as long as you hold onto that anger and bitterness, you only hurt yourself. No one else is affected by you thinking this. No one but you. Only you suffer from harboring this seemingly wide hatred of people and of happiness.

ladyforsaken said:
Perhaps you need to see that not everything is your fault. If you know you didn't do anything, and your conscience is clear, then leave it at that. She probably had her own doubts and issues.. sometimes people try to be brave but then get cold feet and change their mind and pull out of a situation quickly like that. Just don't take that experience and deem it as your fate in life.

Completely agree.

Anyone with and ounce of consideration would make sure about something like that before mentioning it in conversation.

"hey, want to meet up some time..."

"yeah, sure"

".. changed my mind"

"what happened, did I say something?"

"It's okay if I don't want to meet you!"

It indicates a self absorbed person you're better off not getting involved with.

I don't think she was being self-absorbed. She has a right to change her mind. If she were going to follow through, this thread wouldn't even exist. If someone is being self-absorbed, I wouldn't say it's her.

You don't think it's the slightest bit rude, when she likely knew how lonely and sensitive the OP was? For the most part people have a right to choose how they socialize with others but that doesn't make them great people just because they're exercising that choice. She might not be bad person, just inconsiderate, and maybe with a few problems of her own she needs to work through.

Doesn't make her a horrible person either. Is it cruel? Sure, some would consider it a bit heartless. But she should have to meet someone she doesn't really want to? I don't know her, don't know her reasons, and neither does anyone else here. And before anyone else should jump down her throat for simply changing her mind over meeting someone she doesn't have to, take into consideration that you don't know her. An emergency could have come up. Something important - more important than meeting someone for a coffee and a muffin.

He didn't get his way. So what? It's not the end of life.

VanillaCreme said:
M_also_lonely said:

I think that as long as you hold onto that anger and bitterness, you only hurt yourself. No one else is affected by you thinking this. No one but you. Only you suffer from harboring this seemingly wide hatred of people and of happiness.

ladyforsaken said:

Completely agree.

I agree with these statements.

ardour said:
You don't think it's the slightest bit rude, when she likely knew how lonely and sensitive the OP was? For the most part people have a right to chose how they socialize with others but that doesn't make them great people just because they're exercising that choice. She might not be bad person, just inconsiderate, and maybe with a few problems of her own she needs to work through.

Well, depending on how the changing of the mind went down, it may or may not be inconsiderate. She could have simply realized that she does not know this person and doesn't feel comfortable meeting up with a stranger so soon, as she just meet him a few days ago, as it says in the other post.

Which, would not make her rude at all because there's no way she can know how lonely and sensitive the OP is.

My question to the OP is this....Okay, she doesn't want to meet up right now, but is she still willing to talk to you? Assuming you haven't "rage quit" (for lack of a better term) anything to do with her.

VanillaCreme said:
I don't think she was being self-absorbed. She has a right to change her mind.

I think I should try this. If anyhow I am about to get married, I will refuse to marry on the day of marriage, JUST BECAUSE IT IT MY RIGHT TO CHANGE MY DECISION. I will take out money to donate a beggar and when he is
expecting me to give, I will tell, "I changed my mind." , just
because IT IS MY RIGHT?

Couldn't have she thought about the possibility of me feeling bad about that.

Or she could be a little polite. Like "I am sorry, I wont be able to meet you. Hope you understand." Or could give a reason.

Was it so great of her "I cant meet you. I changed my mind Please dont talk to me from now "
When I asked why, she said, "Its ok not talking to you."

TheRealCallie said:
My question to the OP is this....Okay, she doesn't want to meet up right now, but is she still willing to talk to you? Assuming you haven't "rage quit" (for lack of a better term) anything to do with her.

She said, " "I cant meet you. I changed my mind
Please dont talk to me from now "

M_also_lonely said:
VanillaCreme said:
I don't think she was being self-absorbed. She has a right to change her mind.

I think I should try this. If anyhow I am about to get married, I will refuse to marry on the day of marriage, JUST BECAUSE IT IT MY RIGHT TO CHANGE MY DECISION. I will take out money to donate a beggar and when he is
expecting me to give, I will tell, "I changed my mind." , just
because IT IS MY RIGHT?

Couldn't have she thought about the possibility of me feeling bad about that.

Or she could be a little polite. Like "I am sorry, I wont be able to meet you. Hope you understand." Or could give a reason.

Was it so great of her "I cant meet you. I changed my mind Please dont talk to me from now "

Uhh, yeah. If you ever decide not to get married, even up until the very minute, that is your choice. It's probably more common than we would imagine. Sure it's sad, but it happens. Although I can sense the sarcasm, what are you trying to prove? Because all that anger and bitterness is misdirected towards me. Your attitude doesn't affect me, so there's really no need to be that way towards me. But I guess if it makes you feel better, I can be your verbal punching bag. I don't mind. Go ahead.

Also, I should add she doesn't have to give a reason. It's called she doesn't owe you. She doesn't owe you a meeting or a reason for canceling. She chose not to. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back