Need a friend.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
You can always check out the chat room. Lots of good people to talk to in there...when they're in there. lol

I'll be in there later this morning.

Chat room is nice. I get on there after work sometimes.

M_also_lonely said:
A long term friendship.

harder to get these days but you can, there are quite few good people here, I'm sure you can have a few If not a few then at least a couple of them I guess.

M_also_lonely said:
A long term friendship.

How long is long term? If you start now, then in 6 months, you'll have a 6 month friendship. In 10 years, you'll have a 10 year friendship. The cool part is not the endpoint, but the discovery along the way.

Go for it! Start now.

Sometimes said:
M_also_lonely said:
A long term friendship.

How long is long term?

By long term, I mean "not short term" . People are so interested in the beginning, but later, do not talk back and make excuses.

PenDragon said:
M_also_lonely said:
A long term friendship.

there are quite few good people here

Cant dare to make them friends. I now trust no one but 1-2 people here. Searching for true friends online has always disappointed me.

And you know, having a good image among some people induces arrogance in those so called "great people" . Which I have no capacity to bear. Well, I want to meet those good people, but Good People and People Wanting To be friends do not match, in my life. I spent most of my childhood and teenage alone, (Not because I am stupid and people dodge bullets by not meeting me.) but because I was not able to mix up with them. So now everyone have groups that they made in childhood and I am left alone. Its hard for me to be a member of a group of people who have closely bonded themselves with each other.

Never experiencing friendship and company and always being lonely and rejected and insulted all around has made me a bitter, rude person. People just cant bear me. I am such a loser. But still, I search in hope that I would find someone who is authentic and knows how to talk to people.

Nicolelt said:
Chat room is nice. I get on there after work sometimes.

Thanks for your idea about chat rooms, I will try it.

M_also_lonely said:
By long term, I mean "not short term" . People are so interested in the beginning, but later, do not talk back and make excuses.
Heh, well that sums up the majority of my social-interactions in the last 10 years or so. And if it wasn't them doing it, then it was me.

M_also_lonely said:
Cant dare to make them friends. I now trust no one but 1-2 people here. Searching for true friends online has always disappointed me.
I suggest just to keep looking, both online and off. Be open and really honest with people and just be yourself. Eventually you'll find someone you really have a lot in common with and they'll be a really good friend.

M_also_lonely said:
And you know, having a good image among some people induces arrogance in those so called "great people" . Which I have no capacity to bear.
Bitter. Very Skeptical. A little Resentful.
Now you're talking too much like me.

M_also_lonely said:
Well, I want to meet those good people, but Good People and People Wanting To be friends do not match, in my life. I spent most of my childhood and teenage alone, (Not because I am stupid and people dodge bullets by not meeting me.) but because I was not able to mix up with them. So now everyone have groups that they made in childhood and I am left alone. Its hard for me to be a member of a group of people who have closely bonded themselves with each other.
I know exactly what you mean but not everyone is like that. Tons of people don't have 'close bonds' or need more. There are actually lots of people are genuinely looking for real friends, like yourself, and are equally unable to find some.
So just keep looking.

I'd offer to be your friend, M, but to be honest I'm just not a good friend, especially not 'long-term'. I'm sorry about that. But if you ever need anything while I'm here just PM me. I'll try to help if I can. Not that I've really seemed to help you any so far.

M_also_lonely said:
Never experiencing friendship and company and always being lonely and rejected and insulted all around has made me a bitter, rude person. People just cant bear me. I am such a loser. But still, I search in hope that I would find someone who is authentic and knows how to talk to people.
You're not a loser. You're just surrounded by them and it gets confusing.
Just relax and be yourself and you'll find others like yourself one day. I know you will. And when you find them, don't let go.

M_also_lonely said:
Thanks for your idea about chat rooms, I will try it.
I agree, I think you might learn a few things from visiting some chatrooms.
If you don't find anyone to talk to on this site's chat, try a different site with more people and maybe one with more people in your own time zone. The interaction should help you learn some social skills, which comes from being alone for so long.

Good luck, M.

If you're looking for a friend, I can be that friend. I always answer all my messages. Haven't been active on here in awhile cause of certain things going on in my life but I'm coming back now and responding to everyone that writes to me. Trust me I know what you mean by trying to look for a good friend. There's a lot of good people here who will talk to you. Just give me a pm if your interested in talking with me. =) I'll be happy to be your friend. I hope to hear from you soon.

Latest posts

Back