Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could another person be happy with your life?
I think many would do fine with my life, especially calm, introvert people. For me however this life is too silent, too powerless, too meaningless, too isolated. Too empty. Of the things I value, many aren't there or are there in too small quantities.
Are you sure we're on the right way, Yoda?
Off course, we are.

The snow angel was imperfect but so is everyone. It was there, and that is what matters. Maybe someone would see it, and smile.
(05-22-2017, 02:38 PM)Meaw Wrote: I think many would do fine with my life, especially calm, introvert people. For me however this life is too silent, too powerless, too meaningless, too isolated. Too empty. Of the things I value, many aren't there or are there in too small quantities.

I'm open to trading any time.  Club
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
We are all products off our environment, if you were to take me out of my "life" and place a random person in it I think they could be very happy, they will have a stable means off income, a roof over their head and plenty off luxury to be comfortable in it.

However, if you were to replace the live that person lived with mine than I can answer you with a simple, No, I don't think anyone could be happy with it, I'm not... given the same circumstances and events I have to believe they would end up roughly the same.
I don't think many people would be very happy. I live it day in and day out and I can just barely feel it. We will see how it changes in the future. Goals, plans, hard work and hope for a better future are all I have anymore. Someone stepping into my place wouldn't necessarily have those.
A lot of people would probably trade places with me. I've got good health, I'm comfortable with my looks, I'm reasonably bright, i don't have to worry about money. But I've never been happy. A lot of people could probably do better playing the hand of cards that I've been dealt.
Burn the past.  Turn the page, start a new chapter.  Move on.

I think plenty of people would be happy with my life, considering the good things that I have going now. However, I doubt that anybody would be in the same position of life as mine even if they were to somehow be born into my life due to the fact that the choices I have made in life have taken me in wildly different directions than I think could be reasonably predicted. I am very impulsive and often irrational and will do things such as relocating to a different state on a whim. My life has taken a meandering path and though I often wonder what others would do with my life, I believe that I have a personality unique to me that was not necessarily shaped by my environment and has taken me to the places I have been and the place I am now. I think even if somehow someone were to switch places with me at this point in my life, I would still end up somewhere completely different from where they would take my life because I am determined to preserve my individuality at any cost and still follow my intuition and impulses even if they take me somewhere risky because I believe in living life with meaning and I want something more from life than what I have now. I guess that I am searching for that meaning, and I will do whatever strange impulse seems right to me until I find it. I am starting to be more happy in general, but I am held back by fear that it might suddenly disappear, and I still feel like a certain something is missing in my life that would give it the meaning I want so badly.
Wallflower, that was an interesting post to read. I liked it ^_^
Are you sure we're on the right way, Yoda?
Off course, we are.

The snow angel was imperfect but so is everyone. It was there, and that is what matters. Maybe someone would see it, and smile.
yes i think most of the people heading back up the a30 from holiday would love to swap with me in my house on the hill (not that traffic ever comes past) and maybe the lifestyle (surfing and river swimming yesterday) not the job though as its pretty low status but i love the 3 day weeks and the people i work with are great .
just need to be happier in myself and appreciate what ive got ,easy to say but im my own worst enemy
I wouldn't wish my life on anyone else.
(06-04-2015, 04:00 AM)howtobealone Wrote: I wonder how much of happiness is genetic predisposition and how much of it is circumstances. Not to sound too negative, but I couldn't imagine having the lives of at least 75% of the people in the world (presuming I still had my negative mindset), and yet many of these people claim to be happy. I think on paper a lot of people would love to have my life, but I'd probably trade places with an average person if he claimed to be happy. I could picture a lot of people being happy if they had my looks, intelligence, life circumstances, even my physical maladies. But I've always been miserable with the life I was given. I hope one day I can enjoy this life of mine, after all, what's to say I can't adopt the mindset of happier people whose lives aren't as appealing as mine on paper?

Hmm it does fascinate one when we see an individual who seem to "Have it all" but appears unhappy while a person who "Has nothing" seems to be happier than the former, eh?

One of the things that can lead to this, I believe, is the idea/ concept of "Expectation". One study done up by a researcher (Can't remember his name, ARGH!) explained pretty clearly that one of the main causes to happiness being low in lives of first world individuals are due to the increased expectations to a "Happy life" or even just a "Life of Content/ Satisfaction".

If we think about it, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Why do we feel unhappy? We do, because certain needs in our lives are unmet.
What about those who seem to have it all? Why is it that they feel "Empty"? 

One of the reasons could be due to a high expectation level. If it is unrealistic, it could be dangerous as it can lead one to strive towards a goal that is impossible to achieve and thus, will inevitably cause the individual to forever be unhappy and unfulfilled.

Traditionally, based on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (Old model):

1. Physiological - Food, water, etc
2. Safety - Shelter, job security, etc
3. Love and Belonging - Relationships, sense of belonging
4. Self-Esteem
5. Self-Actualization - Striving for more in life

An individual will be able to function optimally if they are able to hit all 5 requirements. Should you have an unmet need at level 2, you will not be able to move onto level 3 until you satisfy level 2.

Naturally, there are specific questions that can challenge the theory but for the sake of our current topic, I will not go there as it might add confusion into the mix lol!

I think this is an interesting theory to look at for a little study and analysis for your case, no?

Perhaps we can learn something from your current unfulfilled needs. Who knows- You might be able to learn something new about yourself too as you look into things with a new perspective / knowledge!
Assuming you've never seen nor heard of this theory before, of course XD

Hope you are doing good btw :-)
Just happily floating by with my sweet bread smell :3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am afraid of being responsible for my life worthless_loser 9 1,590 12-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Serenity1
  once a shy person trying to help Centurion276 3 996 11-04-2018, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Guzheng
  Life as a bald guy ardour 96 43,386 05-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: pinocio
Sad Shyness destroying/taking control over my life, help? blendor 13 8,348 10-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ihabl
  My Life is ruined. Is it worth trying to find the pieces michael2 12 5,211 09-23-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Forsaken-Knight
  I want to be a normal person. How do I become normal.? M_also_lonely 16 4,127 03-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Last Post: M_also_lonely
  How does a person stop feeling like they are worthless? SophiaGrace 20 5,219 01-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Lola91
  major life choice Major Derp 5 2,724 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Peaches
Exclamation Life in American High Schools slendy 5 3,228 09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  This is destroying my life Kale 12 5,291 01-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Last Post: LifeCoachWithL