A new face

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eirene

Reaction score
4 years ago I used to be a different person. I had a facial disfigurement through a large underbite. I had lived with a face that I hated and couldn't bear to look in the mirror.
Then I wore orthodontic braces for two years and had a major reconstructive surgery on my face. Looking in the mirror was no longer a problem, but even now - 18 months later - I still have issues. I don't know what my issues are, but I know that I find it easier to be alone, than to invite people into my life.

Here are before and after photos. Please don't be mean about my appearance. I do love my new smile!

View attachment 2

It took years to achieve this, and the surgery was 6 hours. They broke my face into pieces and out it back together to correct the skeletal deformity.
Although I have a smile that I love now, I still hope someday I will find the peace and happiness I crave (love would also be nice!) :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 41
:) what a cutie!
I can't imagine the physical and emotional pain this has caused you, yet you have such a great attitude. Best of luck finding more of what will make you truly happy in life

Eirene said:
Here are before and after photos. Please don't be mean about my appearance. I do love my new smile!

I think you look stunning and I would only be able to say that in here and not in person because I wouldn't have the courage to. You have a better smile than I have.

You have showed amazing courage and determination, Eirene, be really proud of yourself, and your new smile,you look fantastic! Lot's of luck for the future,and finding happiness and love.

I don't notice anything I'd call a "deformity." Your chin was a bit prominent but that was all. Maybe you were being too self-critical. Glad you've got the origin of the insecurity squared away, however, and hope you can adjust to what you perceived as a problem now being solved.

You look great, you have been through something so hard. I admire your strength, please be kind to yourself. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Hope to see more posts as well :).

You look great Eirene. Don't ever let anybody tell you different. Good luck to you.

Wow that's a lot to go through but like everyone else has said you look great! Don't let other people hold you back :)

wow, you do look like another person - and it is true that the new one looks much better than the previous one (which wasn't completely disfigured either, just had what looks like a large chin). But yes, you got lucky with this surgery :) You are a very very pretty girl

Latest posts

Back