So... hey there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jéssica Soares

Reaction score
Hello there :)

So my name is Jéssica and apparently I've been in this forum before.. I don't really remember being here. I mean I remember the forum but I don't remember why I came here in the first place, or what kind of affliction I was in... and despite the conversations I had with people here (which I saw in private messages) I don't really remember you guys (or if you're still here at all) and that's why I decided to present myself again.

So, as I was saying I was here before and even if I don't really remember why, I doubt I was feeling lonely. I believe I wasn't feeling ok or I wouldn't come here in the first place but I know that I never really knew what feeling lonely really is before I left my country.

So, I'll try to explain what's going on as I can. I'm portuguese but last year I left my country to come to Switzerland. I was a college student who couldn't pay the university... and I couldn't find a job, so the only solution was to leave everything behind. Now, I'm living here for a year and a half and my life in this country has been quite a challenge, but truly what has been challenging is this loneliness I've been feeling.
I was never the lonely type to be honest. I mean I was never the most popular person but I always had my group of friends to laugh with and to party with.. but honestly right now I'm living in the wrong place to make friends. That is actually something I'm trying to change by moving to a big city and all... honestly I hope I could leave Switzerland for good and just go live in a place near by the beach where I belong, but I don't feel like leaving Switzerland is really an option right now, so while I have to be here I'm just hoping I can make the best of this experience by moving to a big city where I hope I'll have more oportunities to make friends because right now I'm living in a small village and I swear I tried to make friends here but people here are so close minded that I just can't!!

Well anyway... the reason I decided to come here is because while I'm trying to take the best of my passage in Switzerland, this is actually proving itself really hard for me to endure. I'm completely alone with no family or friends, I've been with some money problems and I have no one to help me.. and I don't mean help me with money whatsoever. I mean the only kind of help that everyone needs... that is motivation and understanding, if you know what I mean. Sometimes I just wish I had someone to talk to, someone that would help me raise my spirit and move forward... unfortunately the only people here who I ever thought that would be there for me always and help me with everything, turned out to be huge disappointments, and right now I feel that I can't deal with this anymore.

Sometimes, like today, I feel desperate because I don't know what to do next, or angry because I allowed myself to love people here who's only goal was to make me waste my time and rob me of my hope, and I feel lonely and all that sometimes has even the power to take my breath away.

So anyway... I'm sorry for the outburst, this is a terrible way to present myself but whatever... I'm just trying to explain why I'm here, and I don't even know what I'm hoping to find in this forum but I hope I'll find something that will make me feel better..

It sounds like the community you're living in right now is a bad fit for you. Have you done some research on what people are like in other parts of Switzerland (assuming you have to stay in Switzerland and can't go elsewhere within the EU)? There could be another town or even village where you're more compatible with the people living there. Maybe you should do some travelling, just spend a few days at a time in different places trying to talk to people, see whether you can get along with them better than you do with the people in your current community. (If you've already thought of that and maybe already done that I'm sorry for suggesting the obvious.)

mickey said:
It sounds like the community you're living in right now is a bad fit for you. Have you done some research on what people are like in other parts of Switzerland (assuming you have to stay in Switzerland and can't go elsewhere within the EU)? There could be another town or even village where you're more compatible with the people living there. Maybe you should do some travelling, just spend a few days at a time in different places trying to talk to people, see whether you can get along with them better than you do with the people in your current community. (If you've already thought of that and maybe already done that I'm sorry for suggesting the obvious.)

Like I said, I'm trying to move elsewhere. What I really want is to move to another country but that's kinda impossible right now.
Anyway.. thanks for the suggestion but yes, I'm already trying to move :)

Hi welcome to the forum. Excellent signature. Just saw that episode the other day. :)

She-ra said:
Hi welcome to the forum. Excellent signature. Just saw that episode the other day. :)

Hey, thanks :)
It turns out this signature is here since 2013 or something which was when I first came to this forum. I think I'll let it be for now eheh

Hello Jessica, welcome back
I just joined and have found a lot of kindness here
Good luck finding what you need, we all need someone to talk to

Welcome back to the forum,Jessica. Hope things will make more of a lasting impression this time around for you.

:) :) :)

Latest posts

Back