Hello, all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiddenleaf

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just a quick blurb about myself. I'm female, I live in Los Angeles, and I'm 29. I've only lived in L.A. for about a year, and I don't have any close friends yet. I usually find it hard to make friends anywhere I am. I'm really introverted and have tried many times to "put myself out there" but it's always a struggle. I wouldn't say I'm shy. I used to be when I was younger, but I think it's different now. I can approach people and talk to them, but if they don't seem interested I get discouraged. Plus, I feel like I can only handle one-on-one conversations, or groups where I already know someone. I feel like when it comes to meeting new people, it's hard because I'm always the only one at the party who came alone and everyone else came in a pack.

It seems as I get older, it gets harder to be alone. I just feel lonelier. When I was 16, I had this realization that I could go to the movies alone. (Sounds silly, right?) Well, it changed the way I did things. If I didn't have anyone to do things with, that didn't mean that I couldn't still do it. Go to movies, concerts, travel. I feel like I've had a lot of good experiences in my life, seen and done a lot of stuff, but I always feel like something's missing. My photo album isn't full of fun shots with my buddies.

I have a few close friends, but they live in other cities. Even if I did live near them, I have that tendency to do stuff alone because my friends and I don't necessarily like the same movies, music, etc. Plus, I tend to not want to share with them how lonely I feel. I guess I don't want to burden them, or I just don't want them to know. They're always saying how great I seem to be doing, because I have a good job, good place to live, and I get out and do things. But I'm doing most of these things alone, and it tears me up a lot, frankly.

Anyhow, that's just a little about me.

Hey HiddenLeaf welcome to the forum.

Ya i've been doing a lot of things by myself for about a year now it can be a little discouraging sometimes. But it's not silly.

I guess I'd rather do these things alone than not be able to them at all.

Anyways again welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here

:D

(((((((((((((((((((hiddenleaf)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I have the honour of being the first one to give you a hug and say welcome! I look forward to seeing you around and if you get a chance, check out the chat room : )

You will make some good friends here and feel free to pm me anytime.

Naleena

Welcome =0) It's hard being in a new place (even if you've been there for a year already, it's hard to make friends in LA). You'll find a lot of people here to talk with, though =0)

(((Hiddenleaf)))

Hi, I live in LA too, well for the summer only, so how u like it so far? Hey! I go to the movie alone every time, and the more time you do that, the more natural it feel.:D

Glad to have you on board, I do hope you stay

Chris

Welcome. Being in a new place can be difficult. At a years things can still change a lot.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I like L.A. a lot. The weather's nice and there's a lot to do here. It can feel big and isolating, though.

I am sure it can. Not quite the small town feel :)
Still as you mention there is plenty to do.

Welcome! I'm up here in northern cali so its good to hear from someone else in my time zone!
We are all in the same boat here so feel free to talk about anything. What kind of things interest you by the way?

Hello, and welcome. :)

Lots of truly kind people here, Hiddenleaf. I'm sure you will make friends quickly here.

Again, welcome. (hug)

Eve

Latest posts

Back