Hi All. So glad to be here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslonely

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new here & new at online forums too. So here's my story:

I turn 22 soon.I'm from South Africa, anyone else?

Anyway,I don't have friends/boyfriend & my family loves someone else in the family more than me. My mom & dad are close. My 2 older brothers are close & my sister who's the oldest is close to her bestfriend & husband so occasionally I dont have a family either.

So here's the thing, im introverted naturally but i've been so desperate to live, have experiences, hear from people that i've started talking to people, starting conversations, complementing etc.
The worst thing about me is my low self esteem and "care about what people say" attitude I have. I use public transpirt to get to places & everday something will have made me cringe because I get embarresed about almost everything. I get scared that people will judge me or are talking about me. I'm extremelly shy although im getting better.
I am a complete mess. I am just so sad & down. How could all aspects of a person's life fail all at once? How? I don't get it. I get bitter all the time but I am Christian & regain strength to carry on most times, I think this is my only survival.

I was depressed 2 years ago & now the depression is back again, I wake up some days & Im completely sad, I cry all day, sometimes for no apparent reason, I don't want to get out of bed most days.
Worst part, my family don't know anything about depression, & even if they did, they wouldnt take me seriously I know so treatment or theraphy or whatever isnt an option.
And also, I would go to places I love to meet people but I am financially unstable & this is another frustrating thing.

I write quite a lot, I think this is what most lonely people do. This helps with getting my feelings out, & I cry & I feel better.
But you know, I never feel bad for myself or atleast I try not to because i'm fighting this battle on my own & whether I win or lose, no one will know but me.
I'd like to think I'm friendly, kind & considerate. I've had people tell me this a lot. People have said good things about me. When I did have friends, all i've had have told me that I make a good friend, that I'm caring & selfless but they got successful and forgot all about me. Anyway, that doesn't make me bitter, what makes me bitter is the inability for me to make friends. Not one. Everyone I know has friends & coming to this forum I was so shocked that so many of us are going through such. But it is life, & evidently not fair.But we are so, so strong, all of us. Going through such heart ache and still striving, give yourself a pat on the back.

I hope to hear from you, anyone. :) So happy to be here & vented so much. It's my first time opening up.

Keep well.

Thanks all. like i've already mentioned, I am so glad to be here. :)

AmytheTemperamental, what's the chatroom all about?

Welcome! Feeling introverted and liking writing I'd think a forum like this would be healthy for you. I have not been here long but I have seen kindness and people less quick to judge you for expressing yourself. Good luck

mslonely said:
AmytheTemperamental, what's the chatroom all about?

I'm not Amy, but I'll answer anyway :p

The chat room is just where some forum members hang out, talk in real time, instead of waiting for people to reply on the forum or just sit silent and watch other people talk. lol

Here's the chat room thread that gives the rules and instructions, if you choose to register on xat (not required). Every forum member is welcome. :)
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=6827

Latest posts

Back