What keeps you going?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslonely

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just curious, what keeps you going, or motivates you? the one or more thing/s that keep you alive.

For me, my faith and hope that miracles do happen, that tomorrow might just change for the better.

Any thing/person that keeps you going?

Mainly my sister, and a former friend. The latter of which is mentioned in this long ass post.

Apart from those two, a very small group of other people.

If i have to achieve my dream just for me, i might put it off a day and another day. But knowing i'm doing it for them means i will work on it every single day.

People I love and care, one goddamm reason to keep moving forward. My instinct, Keep giving until I run out and so far I haven't run out yet, maybe little bit of selfishness is involve here as well. Oh hell, I won't stop walking as long as there are people who care about me.

Rosebolt said:
Mainly my sister, and a former friend. The latter of which is mentioned in this long ass post.

Apart from those two, a very small group of other people.

If i have to achieve my dream just for me, i might put it off a day and another day. But knowing i'm doing it for them means i will work on it every single day.

Beautiful. It's beautiful to keep going because a cerain person or people is/are your motivator. Keep at it.

lonelyfairy said:

For an individual? Or what you do?

AmytheTemperamental said:
Life has been better for me, so I know I can reach better.

Similar to what keeps me going:)

PenDragon said:
People I love and care, one goddamm reason to keep moving forward. My instinct, Keep giving until I run out and so far I haven't run out yet, maybe little bit of selfishness is involve here as well. Oh hell, I won't stop walking as long as there are people who care about me.

And you'll probably only run out until you've reached to where/what you're aiming for. Selflishness is good to some extent, sometimes you have to be selfish to be selfless. Keep on keeping on. :)

My hobbies, my new job with an appreciative supportive positive reinforcing boss.

Hobbies, my profession and lots of small things mostly.

There's also a certain sense of duty towards my few friends and the family...but these are fleeting things. Which doesn't mean I don't value them. They do have major influence on the equation.

I just realized that I might find myself completely alone one day and that I still need a reason to keep going then. Which is the duty towards life itself. You never know what happens next and I'd hate to waste the chance of finding out.

I don't know, yeah, incurable optimism I guess. Tomorrow something great could happen. It's like an addiction.

mslonely said:
PenDragon said:

And you'll probably only run out until you've reached to where/what you're aiming for. Selflishness is good to some extent, sometimes you have to be selfish to be selfless. Keep on keeping on. :)

Oh yeah, I'm hell selfish sometimes even my friends here would agree do that, hehehe :D I just try to keep it under checked most of the time :)

Y'all are so great! :D

One thing that keeps me going is that I haven't yet finished seeing what amazing things can be created by my own hands. It's been a hard go, learning to give a **** about it, knowing that noone else does. But it looks like I might be winning.

For me, it's this here:

mslonely said:
hope that miracles do happen, that tomorrow might just change for the better.

It's the hope that miracles do happen, like you said. That tomorrow things might change and I might get answers I couldn't see before, or new ideas that I didn't have before. That maybe talent doesn't matter that much and my abilities aren't fixed and that I do have potential and that I have personally witnessed my abilities increase in some areas and that I could have been better yet if I had only tried harder, followed through, and kept going. That I've been wrong to give up many times before. That others have been where I've been or even worse, sometimes much worse - and still come out on top. That even though things can look bleak sometimes, I don't know everything and maybe I'm wrong to think that there's no solution. That even if there is no solution today, maybe things will be different tomorrow.

Maybe the hope that the next time an important holiday like this comes up I can spend it with someone. That keeps me going.

mslonely said:
Hi All,

Just curious, what keeps you going, or motivates you? the one or more thing/s that keep you alive.

For me, my faith and hope that miracles do happen, that tomorrow might just change for the better.

Any thing/person that keeps you going?

I make myself keep going.

Latest posts

Back