E3 2015

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Katerina

As E3 is due to start in a couple of days I thought I'd dedicate a thread to it. For those who don't know what it is, E3 (or Electronic Entertainment Expo) is a big trade fair for video games running from the 16th -18th of June. A couple of days before hand there's usually a series of conferences held by the big game publishers where new games are revealed and demonstrated.

Main Press Conferences Schedule (times PDT, I think that's GMT+8)

Monday June 15th
Bethesda - 19:00 (3:00 BST)
Microsoft - 9:30 (17:30 BST)
EA - 13:00 (21:00 BST)
Ubisoft - 15:00 (23:00 BST)
Sony - 18:00 (2:00 BST)

Tuesday June 16th
Nintendo - 9:00 (17:00 BST)
Square Enix - 10:00 (18:00 BST)

From what I understand this is the first year that Bethesda and Square Enix are running official press conferences.

For me I want to see the new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I really enjoyed Human Revolution so I'm interesting to see what they'll do with it. I also want to see more of the new Zelda game they teased last year. Fallout 4 will be interesting, given the rumours, and, it's also rumoured that Dark Souls 3 will be there too. Still hoping to see the return of Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Last Guardian.. but I doubt it lol. :D

So what games are you looking forward seeing at E3? Or what do you hope to see?

I'm not that interested to be honest. I stopped watching E3 many years ago when it increasingly became a giant advert for AAA studios. It's also tailored towards console gaming and I no longer own one.

I will now apologise for being a giant buzzkill and say that I would also be thrilled to see the return of Beyond Good & Evil 2. While we're making unlikely predictions, I'll throw Shenmue 3 into the ring. It would be so nice for Ryu to FINALLY leave Guilin Cave.

Haha that's okay.

Just saw they announced Dishonored 2, I forgot that the last one was pretty awesome so a sequel would be great. Rare are making some kind of pirate-themed multiplayer which looks interesting. It would be good if they could get back to being a great studio again, like back in the n64 era.

Yeah, Rare have gone right down the toilet since just before they were purchased by Microsoft. They made great games throughout the ages up until that point. They had some great games during the Spectrum 48K era and they released some equally good games on the original NES. They stayed great until midway during the Gamecube and then everything went downhill from there. From what I have heard, there are very few of the original staff left, so I won't hold out much hope.

I can't comment on Dishonoured, because I only ever played like 5 minutes of it. I got off the boat and went to do something else. It now resides in my 900 game backlog...

I've seen nothing that caught my attention. I'm waiting for Nintendo's tomorrow... or later actually...

zibafu said:
[video=youtube]

This better not only be on the ps4 man, I'll be so pissed if it is

Well, it's a timed-exclusive, so it's going to be PS4 only for a while, but it will eventually make it's way to PC and possibly Xbox One.

I'd rather they had just left it alone. I despise the trend for remaking movies and games rather than creating something unique. If they leave the story COMPLETELY untouched, then it could be magical, but I'd be just as happy with the 1997 original.

The news I am happiest about is that Shenmue III is finally going to be a reality. Ryo Hazuki can FINALLY leave Guilin Cave! It was Kickstarted just a few hours ago and it's about to reach it's goal. Now, if it can just shatter the target and show how much demand there is then we might get a satisfactory conclusion to a 15 year old story.

As my favourite gaming site said this morning: "You can tell it’s been a good E3 when The Last Guardian’s first new gameplay footage in six years is only the third most unbelievable thing at Sony’s conference."

Needless to say, the hype is real for Fallout 4. :D Amazed by what I saw.

Beyond that, I'm looking forward to getting a look at the new terrain for Arma 3.

blackdot said:
I'm just glad that PC games are making a comeback.

There are a lot of console games I never played that I think I'd enjoy, but for the longest time they kept getting hacked so much I didn't want to play on a console

I always liked PC games for the ability to 'hack' them, add mods and such

Well Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian were certainly a surprise. Not sure how I feel about using kickstarter to fund Shenmue. They're aiming for around $2million I think it was? And Shenmue 2 cost a lot more so I hope that Sony help fund some of it otherwise.. well I'm not a big fan of kickstarters in general.

Nintendo's conference was okay although I don't think as interesting as Microsoft's or Sony's (who really had to do something this year). Yoshi's Wooly World looked cute, and I'm interested in the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors, and the New Fire Emblem (Fates). Plus Sony and Microsoft had to really pull something out of the bag as there's not very much to play on their consoles at the moment. Square Enix had some good games but they're presentation was pretty boring and didn't really tell you much.

I thought Unravel looked like a super cute platformer and Horizon: Zero Dawn seemed pretty awesome too.

Unravel
[video=youtube]

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Katerina said:
Well Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian were certainly a surprise. Not sure how I feel about using kickstarter to fund Shenmue. They're aiming for around $2million I think it was? And Shenmue 2 cost a lot more so I hope that Sony help fund some of it otherwise.. well I'm not a big fan of kickstarters in general.

Without Kickstarter it wouldn't be getting made at all... that's the sad reality of the situation. They were asking for 2 million, but they passed that in just a few hours and they're almost at 3 million as we speak. I'm hoping that it will rise significantly over the course of the next 30 days.

It's true that the original Shenmue cost a huge sum to develop (Around $70 million), but that's largely because it was such an ambitious game for it's time - they needed to develop everything themselves from the ground up. The sequel is being developed using UE4 and a whole bunch of middleware, so it shouldn't need anywhere near that amount.

In defense of Kickstarter itself, a lot of my favourite indie games started life there, along with Star Citizen, Oculus Rift and a lot of other useful tech products. It has it's fair share of garbage too, but the same is also true of the wider gaming world as a whole ;)

Well the Final Fantasy 7 reveal gave me goosebumps. I agree with the others in that they had better not try and mess with the storyline as that was so incredible at the time.

Shenmue 3 is also a fantastic addition and I think I will be saving up for a PS4. Also a new South Park game and Doom 4 looks fantastic too. And Uncharted 4! Too many awesome games on the horizon!

The new Arma 3 terrain, holy crap, it's bloody beautiful

Cavey said:
zibafu said:
[video=youtube]

This better not only be on the ps4 man, I'll be so pissed if it is

Well, it's a timed-exclusive, so it's going to be PS4 only for a while, but it will eventually make it's way to PC and possibly Xbox One.

I'd rather they had just left it alone. I despise the trend for remaking movies and games rather than creating something unique. If they leave the story COMPLETELY untouched, then it could be magical, but I'd be just as happy with the 1997 original.

I'm happy with the original too, but it will be great to see what it looks like with updated graphics and controls, but yeah, dont fresia with the storyline... or the battle music for that matter :p

I'm happy with them remaking it. I never got to play it when it first came out. By the time I was introduced to it the graphics were so dated that I couldn't force myself to play the game. Everyone says how amazing it was. Now I can actually play it without my eyes bleeding.

Latest posts

Back