So wit, much lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So Socratic

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I don't really know what to say.

I'm lonely. That is the important part. Also, I have something wonderful inside of me. At least, I think what is in me is wonderful. Maybe it isn't.

Actually, it would be kind of nice to be able to bare what is inside of me to the whole world right now. That way if the whole world cringed collectively then I would know that being a human was not for me.

I like to write. It helps. I don't do it as much as I should, but it helps. Most of the time I am angry and sad and lonely. I rarely laugh or smile anymore. I put it on the page as best as I can. I like to see the reactions of people when they read my work. People tend to not care about real people as much as they do fictional characters. When they feel for the character they also feel for me.

What I look like doesn't matter. I could be a goat for all you know. That wouldn't be so bad.

Hey! How's it going? I like to write too and I also don't do it as much as I should either. I've actually recently made a commitment to myself to write more, about everything. Food, exercise, my day, my feelings. I find it helps me to out things in perspective. What kind of things do you write about?

I like to write fiction. Mainly science fiction as a way to explore my different thoughts and feelings.

So wit. Much lonely. Very sympathize. Wow.

I notice the same thing in writing, though. The world is cold but people will get emotional over everything from Harry Potter to Lovecraft.

Hey So Socratic, welcome to the forum. What is it that you want to bare that's inside of you? You could always share it here on the forum.. or in this thread. Hope you'll find what you're looking for as well.

Do you believe in catharsis? That's a really old word for a really old idea. It means that you help drive bad feelings out of yourself by doing something. When the word first came up it was about watching a tragic play where the audience felt better after feeling bad for the characters in the play. Later on it also meant feeling better after writing or even just saying something that's hard to say. It's one way you could use your writing--get stuff out so you feel better about yourself. But it doesn't work for everybody.

Don't worry about what people think of your writing. When you finish writing something it's like giving birth to an adult. The piece of writing has its own adult life and what happens to it has to do with it, not you. That's why I put my writing up on websites and don't care if people like it, use it, steal it, whatever. That's the writing's business, not mine, because a finished piece of writing is something separate and different from me.

There's an "Express Yourself" forum where people post their writing. There's almost never comments but the clicks meter shows people do look at those pages. I've posted there sometimes. It's nice to sit here and wonder how my writing is doing when it lives its own separate life, what kind ofsuccesses it's having and what kind of trouble it's getting into.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome So Socratic, I hope you feel comfortable enough in time to share some of your work; I like fiction. Goats are cool too

Latest posts

Back