When my mind becomes my enemy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Many times I see wierd dreams. Not those scary types, like horror, but dreams that never leave me even during the day. I don't know how to explain.

For example, we went to an island last year for picnic. We had to travel from one island to another through ships. When everyone eas sitting below, I was on the terrace of the ship watching the night sky. Suddenly the waves caused the boat shake a bit and I
lost balance. That night when I went to sleep, I saw a dream in which I fall from the boat at night and left alone in the large ocean and drown and die.

This scene started running again today. And I saw a dream in which I push my sister out of the boat to see what happens. And I woke up. I am still shivering. Why is this happening to me.

A few months ago I saw a pistol in my grandfather's hand. That night I saw a dream in which he shoots himself in the head.

Worse thing is after these dreams occur, they do not leave my mind. Right now I am having a lot of trouble to sleep. The more I ignore, rhe wierd they become.

I do mot hate my sister or grandfather. And there are so many other incidents that happen in my dreams and the thoughts never leave me.

What to do now?

Sounds to me like your subconscious is playing tricks on you. You're focusing so much on worst case scenario that it's happening in your dreams too.
Perhaps you have some sort of resentment toward them that you may be unaware of, so you're dreams are acting them out in the worst possible way.
You could try some deep breathing and/or meditation before you go to sleep. Or even watch a movie that isn't depressing or read some encouraging quotes or poems or something like that. Focus on the good, not the bad.

They are just dreams. They stay in your mind and sometimes return because you fear they might become real or that they might mean something. They don't mean anything, though.
Dreams are just dreams. The more you worry over them the more they will occur. It will go away over time, but you need to relax and stop worrying so much. Your stress and anxiety cause those dreams and cause you to dwell on them. They will go away, though. Like Callie said, focus more on the good. It will help.
However, unlike what Callie said, I doubt you have internal resentment towards these people, though. You love these people, right? The issue stems from fear of abandonment. You fear that the people you love will abandon you suddenly, because you're used to being alone. So your mind is imagining these people leaving you, to express that fear. All of the dreams you describe express a fear of abandonment.

The real problem is when you start having these 'dreams' when you're not asleep. Though that is also pretty much the same thing, just harder to get rid of because it means the stress has manifested on another level. So hopefully you'll not ever go that far.

I know because I've had both of these problems for most of my life. Learning to enjoy life and the little things more, and forgetting the ugliness of the world, is the only way to really avoid it, at least for me.

Latest posts

Back