Hiya folks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamerball77

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been looking around for a community to join and hopefully belong to. Especially with people going through the same kind of battles. I'm a 38 year old guy from the northeast of England.

My second marriage ended in February, but looking back I'm convinced my second marriage was a result of a rebound from the first one lol. When my first marriage ended (badly) I was a right mess and went on a series of dating any female who showed an interest (mostly via online dating). As you can imagine nothing worked out and I just got worse and worse into depression. This time around I'm giving myself plenty of time to heal and sort myself out.

I struggle with OCD, some social anxiety and Misophonia. With the social anxiety I use to be so bad I couldn't talk to people, but as I got older and pushed myself more I'm quite confident talking one to one or small groups. I just lack social skills.

I was ill with Cancer when I was seven for two and a half years. I was so ill I had to be kept isolated from everyone else (apart from my mum). I'm guessing missing out on that part of my childhood might be the reason of my social anxiety.

Thankfully I have a job which I enjoy, I do get myself out a bit and even though I have friends I still feel great loneliness from time to time. I have decided to train my mind to think positive and to have a good attitude. On join here I do hope to make friends, not only to help me but I also want to be a good pal to others because I do know how nasty loneliness is. :)

Hello Gamerball77 and welcome to ALL!:)
Hope you'll find what you're looking here!

Hey Gamerball, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your current issues, failed marriages and your health issues when you were younger. You pulled through most of them nonetheless, I sincerely hope you'll find what you're looking for here on this forum. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back