When life rubs salt into the wound

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamerball77

Reaction score
Hiya guys and girls. Have any of you experienced anything like this?

So my marriage ended in February, at work I share an office with two colleagues and both of them are getting married.............and there is wedding talk...oh boy is there wedding talk. I've also got a bit pally with someone else at work and after chatting with him lo and behold he's getting married. Everywhere I look it feels like everyone is getting married or settling down.

Now I'm all smiles when they tell me, I don't begrudge them and I am genuine when I say I'm happy for them. But on the inside I'm "AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!"

I might just be having a down day today, but I sometimes think someone or something is doing this deliberately.

Gamerball77 said:
Hiya guys and girls. Have any of you experienced anything like this?

So my marriage ended in February, at work I share an office with two colleagues and both of them are getting married.............and there is wedding talk...oh boy is there wedding talk. I've also got a bit pally with someone else at work and after chatting with him lo and behold he's getting married. Everywhere I look it feels like everyone is getting married or settling down.

Now I'm all smiles when they tell me, I don't begrudge them and I am genuine when I say I'm happy for them. But on the inside I'm "AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!"

I might just be having a down day today, but I sometimes think someone or something is doing this deliberately.

I know exactly what you mean! The weird thing for me is I am genuinely happy for them, but inside I am like you Aaaaarrrggghhh and I don't want to be, but I am.

Mine is all my friends being loved up and I am the only single one. The latest one my bestfriend hooked up with one of our male friends and that's when I realised I liked him, so that is difficult to watch.

Maybe we just have to ride it out and smile a lot.

Good Luck :)

I think you may as well be happy for them because there is no guarantee that their relationship will last. They may be loved up now but who's to say where they will be in 10 years? Divorce is quite common nowadays. You were once loved up and in their shoes and people will have been jealous of you- it's just life.

I'm kind of fifth wheeled with my friends, so I feel you.

Caine and Savannah are engaged,
and Kevin and April just got married.

Now, we all love each other like family. We're even considering moving in together and just splitting a 3/2 house...but....I'm just this single guy, lol. They've tried hooking me up, but I wasn't interested in the person for a few reasons.

Respectfully, and thankfully, they don't too much ask me to go with them for double-dates and whatnot, unless they think it's someplace I'd genuinely like to go to.

It doesn't bother me now like it used to though.
But it does kind of rub it in my face that I'm single. Which, I try often to not think about or forget

Latest posts

Back