First bad day today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamerball77

Reaction score
I had been fine all this time. been telling people past few days just think positive. try and have a good attitude. The irony of it that the next day I had a bad day. I must have left the doors to my mind wide open or something. In came the depression and I could feel my heart go down like a lead balloon.

Went to church with my family this morning, got all suited and booted for it. When it was time for communion I didn't take any bread or wind, haven't done so for ages, so the minister prayed a blessing over me. I'm beginning to wonder if blessings actually exist.

After church the family had planned to have a meal out, but we didn't reserve a place so everywhere was full. One of my brothers wanted to to the shops first, the other wanted to go home and change his clothing. My dad wanted to go off for a smoke, and my mum got annoyed with my dad. Oh and nieces and nephews where on their way and we couldn't let them know we didn't have a place to eat. After much running around on my part we got everyone together and in a restaurant. By this time I had sunk low enough that I just wanted to be on my own, so I told them I'm passing on lunch and wondered around the shops dressed in my suit. It was a sunny day and everyone was in shirt, jeans and shorts. I must have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Families and couples everywhere, I felt invisible, like I was disconnected from the human race. After wondering around for a bit I went to a supermarket to buy some food, sat down and shared it with some birds. I also brought a nice red shirt from a charity shop that helps disabled kids. Now I'm back home, mum and dad asked if I'm ok and I lied and said Yes and that I just needed a bit of space.

I'll give depression one thing, it's persistent. Well it won today, All being well I'll be back to my chirpy self tomorrow. Feel a little disappointed with myself to be honest.

Hey there,

Sorry you are having a day like this. Don't beat yourself up about feeling like that. I was having a day like that too yesterday. I think we should be kinder to ourselves and allow ourselves to feel low when we need to, be alone when we need to, and other people need to respect that. It passes when its ready and then those days you make the most of.

By the way you sound dapper walking around town in your suit. Who cares if you stood out, a bet a few people thought how nice you looked, and I bet some men where envious.

Families can be annoying and crazy, but I love all that lol, you sound like you did the right thing taking yourself off like that.

Take care :)

Why disappointed? People without depression don't have exclusively good days, either, so it's not a standard people with a problem like depression should be holding themselves to.

Latest posts

Back