interesting dating insight

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
not sure this is a success story, but it made me think, and hopefully can do the same to others:

Some months ago I moved back to my hometown and I put that as a location on the dating site where I am registered - the results were very depressing, very low compatibility with everyone, maybe a couple of Likes every day (AND just because my profile is there, as in real life I never get any "positive feedback" (= dates) from guys) but all from completely incompatible people.
I planned to go for a month somewhere on holiday, and I put that as my location: again, very few Likes, although compatibility percentages were much better.
Then, yesterday, Europe time 19:50 I put as my location yet another city in europe, where I lived shortly before and I didn't think about it anymore. I looked again today, at 20:15, and I found.... 58 Likes :O and they keep coming.
Mostly from people I find attractive (unlike those in my home country) and most with really high compatibility
Too bad I don't live there..
Anyway, I just wanted to share how location can really make a huge difference, if someone is really not happy with their results.

this is part of the reason why I left the dating site I was on. Nobody around here understands me. ;_;

But how is this helping you? If you are not where you say you can not meet the person that would be interested in you.

Well, I do believe that the environment you're in can make a big difference, and this result really supports my belief. It's all well and good for people to say, change the inside, not the outside, but I think there's a real argument for finding your proper location on the planet, too. Heck, I moved halfway around the world and I'm better off for it.

I know one way in which what Peaches did helps - it shows the fallacy of all the self-blame, self-hate. The reason you're alone isn't because you're no good and worthless, it's because you aren't in the optimal place for yourself. One could decide there are very good reasons to stay in that place, and you don't have to hate on yourself for it.

BeyondShy said:
But how is this helping you? If you are not where you say you can not meet the person that would be interested in you.

I was thinking the same. Sure, it may help to use a bigger or more popular city or town, but if you're not really there, what's the point?

VanillaCreme said:
BeyondShy said:

I was thinking the same. Sure, it may help to use a bigger or more popular city or town, but if you're not really there, what's the point?

Yes, no point in lying because you will eventually get caught out.

Triple Bogey said:

****. And I was getting ready to make a profile where I lived in Beverly Hills, California in a house with thirty rooms and a built-in pool in the back with private tennis courts.

BeyondShy said:
Triple Bogey said:

****. And I was getting ready to make a profile where I lived in Beverly Hills, California in a house with thirty rooms and a built-in pool in the back with private tennis courts.

:)

VanillaCreme said:
BeyondShy said:

well, I didn't put it permanently, only for some days, to see what happened, and I am contemplating moving back there, so it was really an experiment, and that's why I shared it.
The point was of course that one should MOVE to the sea with similar fish, not just keep the profile online.

Maybe I need to move. Women in Atlanta seem to be looking for nothing short of an Adonis, which I am VERY far from

LonelyInAtl said:
Maybe I need to move. Women in Atlanta seem to be looking for nothing short of an Adonis, which I am VERY far from

Move to Mississippi. They don't have them type folks 'round here.

BeyondShy said:
Triple Bogey said:

You mean this isn't true!! Dam, I would have replied to your profile:D

Latest posts

Back