I guess this is my intro.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Lion

Reaction score
I got registered on this site yesterday and I wanted to wait a bit and really get a good introduction written but when I couldn't come up with anything in the first 24 hours, I decided I'm just going to wing it.

My name is C. I am a 25 year old female residing in Georgia, of the USA. So I'm in the Eastern time zone.

I am not here to meet males who want to talk dirty or any sort of inappropriate seeing as I am engaged to my soulmate. (We plan to get married in July of 2017.)

I came across this message board because I've honestly been looking for a message board to get into for quite awhile now. I'd say quite a few years. When I was ages 12-15, I used to be very active on all sorts of boards and I really enjoyed it. Now-a-days, it seems like everything is Facebook and Tumblr. Message boards seem sort of retro to me, I guess. Which I hate the word retro but it's the best word to describe it in this case. I enjoyed them then though. I enjoyed the interaction and the postings and discussions. And I always wanted to be back there.

I could never find the right place to join because I don't have dedicated interests like I did back then. Vin Diesel and Johnny Depp were my sole interests back in those days! lol. So I basically just started Googling message boards and kept trying to find something that wasn't based on one particular thing. I just wanted to find people to interact with, not necessarily based on only one topic. I tried to asses what I was looking for and realized I was searching so hard because I was lonely, sort of. So I Googled lonely message boards and here I am now!

I do want to explain that I do have family, a couple friends (one or two I would say label themselves as close but I don't feel as close with myself), and a fiance. No one is necessarily a bad person and I love them all immensely. But I am lonely in the sense that I don't feel like I...can fully 100% be myself around everyone. I talk too much and I think no one really wants to listen to me. I'm often viewed as being over dramatic.

I've been diagnosed with having Major Depressive Disorder before but it's just been from general physicians who didn't know as much as I would have liked. I'm looking into getting myself figured out though and actually have my very first appointment with an actual psychiatrist next Tuesday. Fingers crossed I can find some answers.

So. This is my LONG ASS intro. I like lots of things. And I'm kind of verbose. lol.

Trust me, you'd be hard pressed to find dirty talk here. It's not here.

I'm not sure if you guys are going to be informed of my reply or not...but thank you for the welcoming, everyone! :)

Are you guys informed if I reply like this, or do I have to click reply to each individual reply...I'm re-learning all the basics about message boards at this point! lol.

Haven't even really done a profile or signature but I'll get the hang of it.

If I was to want to change my username also, is there an option for that? Or would I delete account, re-register. Etc. Just curious for future reference.

Okay, thank you. I was just curious because I quickly came up with this username. It's sort of a nickname type thing. And I wasn't sure if it was something I was completely satisfied with. But thank you for the information!

Thank you, Trueth! lol.

Also thank you to WolvesJr. :D

I'm gonna need to be thinking about an avatar and really cool signature soon! lol.

Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the forum! :)

Like you, i feel like i can't always be myself around family (but i have zero social life). I'm a geography geek but none of my family is yet they don't let me see my friends, which is why i joined a lonely life. The saddest thing is, i'm almost 21.

Thanks, NGFL! :)

And how come your family doesn't let you see your friends? And also, if you're almost 21, why are they still bossing ya around?

Geography...probably one of my worst subjects ever. lol.

Exactly. Why don't they? They can be pretty unreasonable at times. I also don't drive so yeah so every time i ask them, they go "how are you going to get there" and shoot down whatever i want to do.

Don't worry, i'll probably move out before the end of the year.

NGFL,

Gosh, that seems quite unreasonable. I'm sorry. :(

Yeah, just fingers crossed that you get out of there soon! :D

C-Lion said:
Thank you, Sometimes. Nice username. lol. :)

Yeah, I was kind of in a hurry when I signed up, and I wasn't thinking. All excited and stuff. I wanted to change it before, but now it's kind of grown on me.

Hey C-Lion ;) Welcome to All :)

Courage, Eh? That's a nice avatar, One of my favorite cartoon character :D

Nice to have you here.

Latest posts

Back