Tiddles The Stray Cat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWalkingDead

Reaction score
I just thought I'd start a thread about my stray cat as it seems to have made a few people smile. I'll get better pics as I get closer to the cat, this is an earlier one I took as Tiddles sat by an empty dish apparently indignant that his dinner was late (we're calling Tiddles a him, but he could well be a She - we'll cover transfeline issues if they arise later!). Let me know if you can see the image, it's just from my cloud but don't know if it will work for others (bear with me!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive...VrvJ7Avf1qvftcfyUWgiQ?ref_=cd_share_link_copy

Darn, it won't let me embed from my cloud drive link? Any solutions to that? Where can I host pics to embed in the forum?

Oh he fears me allright - if I go too near he moves away very quickly and hides in the shed!

I can't actually tell if he's feral, I hear they don't make eye contact with you, but he does all the time. I think he may have gone semi feral, but is gradually learning to trust me (eg he started off with the dish on the grass, then moved to the bottom of the patio, and now comes pretty much all the way to the door, and I can get within about 2 metre of him instead of about 8 metres like when I first found him. Looks like humans have been pretty horrible to him.

There are a bunch of rental properties near me, which have frequent tenant turnover, I think he may have been left behind. It's hard to tell, but whatever, to me he's Tiddles!

You made the thread! :D Tiddles is definitely a cute little thing. He looks very well behaved and very fluffy and well fed. He doesn't look like a stray at all.

There's well fed and then there's the other Tiddles.. O.O

Yes I made it! It's raining all day today here, so no sign of Tiddles since breakfast earlier today, which he wolfed down before disappearing off to do his cat things!

I will post a pic of his cousin Sauron the Snail when I get a minute. I was thinking what you said (I think it was Aisha?!) about raising the cat food to keep the snails off, but I found a snail asleep on the side of an empty wine bottle, on my windowsill, INSIDE the house, way above ground level, a few weeks ago, so I guess height is no barrier to the local snail population. I hav no idea how it got up there! If only mice ate snails or vice versa, it would be more of a balanced eco system in my kitchen!!!!!

lol TWD, you sure have a lot of pets whether you want them or not! I did mention raising tiddles' food, but I did realize as soon as I posted it that height isn't a hindrance for snails. Their superpower means that horizontal or straight up is the same thing to them. I look forward to seeing Sauron in all his glory.
Just thought of Gary the snail, who is actually supposed to be the sea version of a cat. Two of your pets in one. That makes you spongebob I think. :D

Today's Tiddles Pic - waiting for his supper after I got home from work. He used to run away when I came out with the phone to capture his cuteness, but now lets me take pics of him - progress!

upload photos

God I love this animal. I saw some bargains today so after starting Tiddles on dry complete cat food a few months ago, I decided to get him some luxury tasty gourmet wet cat food.

Should have seen him - wolfed it down, but when I opened the door to see how he was doing he grabbed a big chunk of food and ran off to the grass to hide with it, like I was going to steal his dinner :club:

I don't think he has figured out that the human feeding him is not going to steal his food (and probably wouldn't understand I am a vegetarian anyway!)

It did make me laugh seeing him run off with it though!

Maybe I should get a mouse on a string and slowly reel him in so we can rub noses together (used to do that with both my cats when I was a kid!)

Now if I can get him to sleep under my covers like my childhood cats, that would be the pinnacle of cat adoption!

But I can't even touch him at the moment - have quite a way to go, though he does keep forgetting I am a scary human and moving forward to get his dinner when I go out!

Tiddles sounds so adorable and smart. I hope he warms up to you soon, TWD. It would be something special if he did. :)

ladyforsaken said:
Tiddles sounds so adorable and smart. I hope he warms up to you soon, TWD. It would be something special if he did. :)

He sure is.

The train of bizarre events continues, an hour ago a huge parasol appeeared in my garden and it's not even windy, so don't know what happened there! Tiddles was sunbathing on the grass and it landed nearby so seems to have frightened him off for now :(

I'd be frightened if some giant thing came falling down from the sky and landed next to me with warning lol!!

Tiddles hasn't come out for his dinner, the parasol must have really spooked him, what a rotten random thing to happen!

Also I need to add to the list of unwanted pets. I went into my kitchen and was greeted by the following:

image sharing

images upload

photo storage

This is not a new issue, but I really thought they had reduced in numbers - they were swarming all over my kitchen tops and all over the wall, I had to hoover them up then hoovered up some ant powder. What a mad sight, a man in an independence day T-shirt hoovering ants off the wall!

Back to Tiddles, I hope he comes back :(

TheWalkingDead said:
Also I need to add to the list of unwanted pets. I went into my kitchen and was greeted by the following:

God I had the same thing happen this week. A swarm of sugar ants in my kitchen and I couldn't see any reason for it.

I hope tiddles becomes your cat.

These beggars live in the wall somewhere - I had them under control with powder but occasionally they just swarm.

The first time it happened I thought it had got dark outside because the windows were black with flying ants - thankfully nothing ever since has been on that scale but they seem more or less impossible to completely eradicate (used professional poison they took back to the nest and they disappeared for a year - then came back and started avoiding the poison bait!!!!!!

On the positive side I haven't seen any mice for a few days so maybe the ants conquered them and the swarm today was a victory celebration - quickly curtailed by human with vacuum cleaning nozzle and insecticide!

I think Tiddles has gone, where I don't know :(

Latest posts

Back