Usernames

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Nicole, and LT are initials.

I choose this because when I came to this site I needed help, and wanted to make friends. So I choose my real name because I wanted to be as real as possible on this site.

Nicolelt said:
My name is Nicole, and LT are initials.

I choose this because when I came to this site I needed help, and wanted to make friends. So I choose my real name because I wanted to be as real as possible on this site.

That's along the lines of how I chose my username. I'm first and foremost a mommy and I don't mind if people know my real identity. I feel like I've had a good rapport with some members here because of it.

-Teresa

I was enjoying a certain TV show, and it just seemed appropriate at the time!

So glad I didn't call myself UnderTheDome, I'd never have survived the blow to my ego!

I saw this place on a fluke from a google I did, and thought it was so cool. I was in such a hot hurry to sign up, that I just pulled any old thing out of my a** and used it. I think if I had been thinking, I would have chosen something not just one single word, but I've gotten used to it, now.

It's my name. Using something else just doesn't feel right.

Every time I need a username, I take ages choosing one. They all seem a bit wrong.. but my name seems wrong too somehow.

In the end I chose "Wayfarer", because (metaphorically speaking) I walk here and there, stop a little while, and then walk away. Been like that with most things in my life, and at the time, it seemed fitting, as I've never been able to stay even on a forum for long.

But now this initially "short stay" is turning into a "permanent residence", and I'm glad, for here I met many nice people, and I'm sure I'll meet more in the future.

PS: "wayfarer" because "traveler" sounded really boring and dull. (No offense meant, if anyone uses this username, of course)

Wayfarer said:
Every time I need a username, I take ages choosing one. They all seem a bit wrong.. but my name seems wrong too somehow.

In the end I chose "Wayfarer", because (metaphorically speaking) I walk here and there, stop a little while, and then walk away. Been like that with most things in my life, and at the time, it seemed fitting, as I've never been able to stay even on a forum for long.

But now this initially "short stay" is turning into a "permanent residence", and I'm glad, for here I met many nice people, and I'm sure I'll meet more in the future.

PS: "wayfarer" because "traveler" sounded really boring and dull. (No offense meant, if anyone uses this username, of course)

I really like your username. Wandering, meandering, lost but not really, on a journey to nowhere in particular.. I like a lot of peoples usernames here. This thread is very interesting because it's something I always wonder when I see an original username. The thought process that went into choosing that particular name as an identity.

My username is as it says. I felt forsaken at the time I joined and I'm a female so.. ladyforsaken. Kinda cheesy now, if you ask me. But I also wouldn't know what to change it to anyway.

ladyforsaken said:
My username is as it says. I felt forsaken at the time I joined and I'm a female so.. ladyforsaken. Kinda cheesy now, if you ask me. But I also wouldn't know what to change it to anyway.

Hehe, I can suggest some If you want me to ;)

Mickey is my real name. For all my negatives I've always done what I could to be real.

1. I had an RPG character of the same name.
2. I've often felt unwelcome like rats.
3. Lately I've gotten the impression my front teeth slightly protrude and therefore look pretty rodent-ish...

I love mystical creatures like fairies, mermaids, unicorns etc. Also I love one very touching and beautiful Finnish song about a lonely fairy who is depressed and does suicide..

Translated English lyrics of the song:

"Story of a Lonely Fairy"

"She rubbed fairydust on her wings in the mornings
so she could also fly in head wind
She'd had hard times past her
but who would believe that
sad fairies exist?

With her head pushed down, she mentioned once
about her worries
A faun sneered, didn't take her seriously
How could a winged one be so down?
Only took seriously when that little fairy
passed away

We have a paradise right here
but always everyone doesn't experience it like this
cause even the faun, the troll, and the fairy
they're caught by sorrow sometimes
and are taken away

The story of a lonely fairy touched everyone
Trolls comforted fairies, elfs the fauns
everywhere they repeated with sighs:
why it took one life
until we remembered:

We'd have a paradise right here
if we'd always live close by
and even if the faun, troll, or fairy
is caught by sorrow
it won't take them away

We'd have a paradise right here
if we'd always live close by
and even if the faun, troll, or fairy
is caught by sorrow
it won't take them away"

you know when you hear or read a word and turn it into something else? I recall vaguely watching a cartoon during my younger days, and after the end they would display the name of the studio. I think the name of the studio was "Idle Minds." it's funny cause I can't seem to find that studio on google. but yeah it went from idle minds to idol minos in my mind. i just like the way it sounded, i like to make up words from other words too. i have a ton of other aliases from other sites such as email, forums, online videogame servers. coming up with names is something i like to do.

PenDragon said:
ladyforsaken said:

I'm curious as to what you would have in mind....

ladyforsaken said:
PenDragon said:
ladyforsaken said:

I'm curious as to what you would have in mind....

Ahem, I'll keep it as clean as possible without making a mess :p
Few suggestion...
LadyAwesome
LadyCool

and sans lady
Breeze
Moonon14th
Corona

And my favorite, hehe...
LadyDragon :D :D :D

This thread reminds me of a vid I seen a few months back...

[video=youtube]watch?v=f8WsO__XcI0[/video]

'Studies have found that the usernames you use can effect how you behave'

Man I'm on a vid posting spree tonight lol

9006 said:
This thread reminds me of a vid I seen a few months back...

[video=youtube]watch?v=f8WsO__XcI0[/video]

Man I'm on a vid posting spree tonight lol

I'm enjoying your spree!

And sorry you feel forsaken LadyF!

I guess our name is the thing that inserts us into society, so good that we at least have a choice when it comes to forums (unlike FB which forces you to use the name forced on you at birth, another reason not to use it!)

Latest posts

Back