ativan

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
I started taking Ativan on Monday evening for anxiety about the upcoming cataract surgery, which was exacerbated by the fact that the surgery hasn't been scheduled yet and I had to wait until tomorrow (Thursday) to get further information. The ativan is at a low dose, 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg in the evening. It has muted my emotional responses and made my life overall better. Triggers for negative feeling haven't changed but those feelings are significantly less intense and I am able to manage them far better and remain outwardly calm and unimpaired. I've done well in coping with things I used to have trouble coping with, such as crowded conditions in places such as store lineups and restaurants. Other people seem to be less nervous around me and I feel much less self-conscious around them. I've also stopped having the morning uglies after getting up early in the morning. My habit of drinking large amounts of plain water in order to avoid feeling out of sorts (i.e. restless but lacking in motivation to do anything specific) have worked hand-in-hand with the ativan and helped me avoid ever feeling out of sorts at all since I started taking it. I can't say I necessarily enjoy life more but life is certainly much less distressing. Yesterday I had a brief period when my balance seemed affected and one extremely brief episode of mild vertigo when I sat down after I had been standing--both of which are reported side-effects--but those haven't recurred. Spontaneous rises in libido also haven't occurred and one voluntary attempt at experimental masturbation was ineffective both mentally, emotionally and physically, but that doesn't bother me. Sleep is peaceful and a bit longer than usual but also restful with no disturbing dreams.

Just thought I'd file this little report for people who might be interested.

Latest posts

Back