Kevin Smith and View Askew

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginock

Reaction score
With any luck this year Kevin Smith is due to release final part of the Clerks, it may well get pushed back as Smith is wishing to make a follow up to Mall Rats but there does not seem to be any conclusive answer on it.

Kevin Smith for me is one of the great film makers of all time. He may not be the best and some of his films are downright puerile which I would never watch with my mother in the same room but they are films that can at times say a lot about society. I would include as one of his best "Red State" but it doesn't fall into the View Askew Universe so it doesn't really count.

One of the things I like about the Clerks films and one of the reason I think that they spoke to a generation is the idea of just living day by day, not planning for the future either because the idea is too daunting or it just doesn't seem a worthwhile way to spend time and the thing is I can understand this argument.

I have often wondered what it would be like to not be in career driven job where I can just show up, do my job and leave and that is how the world or Dante and Randel is. As the tagline of the film says "with no power comes no responsibility" and sadly I almost think that this is not a bad way to be.

I would like to expand on the Generation X more but this is not the place for it. What do you think of Smith's films? Do you enjoy them or find them offensive? Are you looking forward to seeing more from him?

Latest posts

Back