Finding myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildrice

Reaction score
I felt the need to share my thoughts with the forum and would like some constructive feedback.
Although I dislike both men and women, I dislike men less so all of my relationships were with men. However, I think I would be able to connect with a female more. And that's where I get confused. Am I not able to determine my romantic attraction to a specific gender at 29 yo? Does anybody else fell this way or similar?
Being a loner and finding it hard to have meaningful relationships, I have been single for almost a year now. Meaning no attempt in meeting people. After all this time, I feel I have lost the ability to truly connect with other people. Which seems ironic since I work as a nurse. Anyone else that feels such a disconnection?
Please advise since I'm starting to worry.

wildrice

What about sexual attraction? Do you prefer male or female genitals, or can you you swing either way?

Not perving here, just trying to understand better.

No_Nickname said:
What about sexual attraction? Do you prefer male or female genitals, or can you you swing either way?

Not perving here, just trying to understand better.

I am not able to answer your question since I don't find a connection in a physical relationship with a companionship that I'm after. To simplify, it's not about the genitals, it's about the person and the connection you have with them.

wildrice said:
I am not able to answer your question since I don't find a connection in a physical relationship with a companionship that I'm after. To simplify, it's not about the genitals, it's about the person and the connection you have with them.

So... sex isn't a factor at all for you?

No_Nickname said:
wildrice said:

So... sex isn't a factor at all for you?

I can understand where you are coming from since you are a young male. However, please refrain from replying.

Much appreciated,

wildrice

wildrice said:
I can understand where you are coming from since you are a young male. However, please refrain from replying.

Much appreciated,

wildrice

Well I sure don't understand where YOU just came from. Do you think I'm perving? If so, I apologise for the lack of clarity. In your OP, you specifically asked for advice; I was merely trying to get a better idea of your mindset (regarding gender attraction) so that I could better advise you.

I don't think there is any particular age that should determine your sexual orientation... there are people older than you and are still trying to figure themselves out. But you seem like you're contradicting with your thoughts a lot. I'm not sure what to say in your case but it is only logical you might feel more connected to women because you are one yourself. It makes it easier for us to relate and understand certain things about each other that men won't be able to understand.

Apologies I'm not very helpful but I do hope that someone here could give you far wiser words and understanding in your situation. Good luck.

Attraction doesn't have to be to a specific gender, whether or not you have experience with them. There are a lot of bisexuals, pansexuals, and other variations on "both" or "all". The label might be hard to pin down to something useful, but the attraction is what it is.

Relationships with much older partners suggest a level of discomfort with other’s sexuality, specifically, sexual interest directed towards you.
It sounds like you’re asexual.

I felt the need to share my thoughts with the forum and would like some constructive feedback.
Although I dislike both men and women, I dislike men less so all of my relationships were with men. However, I think I would be able to connect with a female more. And that's where I get confused. Am I not able to determine my romantic attraction to a specific gender at 29 yo? Does anybody else fell this way or similar?
Being a loner and finding it hard to have meaningful relationships, I have been single for almost a year now. Meaning no attempt in meeting people. After all this time, I feel I have lost the ability to truly connect with other people. Which seems ironic since I work as a nurse. Anyone else that feels such a disconnection?
Please advise since I'm starting to worry.

wildrice
how are you today?

Latest posts

Back