ALLfest UK Meet - it's on! Date and Location and how to sign up :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3donist

Reaction score
FINALLY! We have a date and location for ALLFEST - the grand UK Meetup of A Lonely Life Members this summer! Would you like to meet some of your fellow lonely folk and have a day of fun and companionship? Well read on :)

Please read the following details carefully.

We will be meeting on Saturday 22nd August in a location somewhere in Sheffield City Centre, at around 1pm (although we will allow for latecomers as there will be people travelling a long way)​

The exact location will only be revealed to people who sign up to the event, which you can do so by sending me a private message. The exact location is being kept private to ensure the security and safety of anyone who wishes to attend but does not want their exact location to be published online. Anyone who signs up to the event does so on the understanding that they will keep the location secret and anyone maliciously publishing the location will not be welcome

The plan is to meet in the afternoon and have a day's fun together - what that will entail will be up to us on the day. We can go for a meal or grab some picnic food and eat outdoors if the weather's good. Bring games, food, football, a frisbee, whatever you like. Then we shall see how it progresses into the evening. I have never organised anything like this before so I have no idea how it will be! Hopefully will be a good day and lots of people come - after all we are all here for the same reason so maybe we will have a day where we aren't quite so lonely.

So if you want to attend, please message me and I will add you to the list and send you the details. Looking forward to seeing you all!​

Q&A:

Q: "I can't do the 22nd August - Can we have a different date/location?"
A: No sorry - the date and location is final.

Q: "Can I bring my partner/friend/children?"
A: While I understand that some members may not be comfortable with travelling alone and meeting new people, ALLFest is open to all A Lonely Life members only (no friends, children or partners) to preserve the spirit of the group and create a more welcoming atmosphere where everyone will be new to each other. I have social anxiety myself so this is a big deal for me too.

Q: "I don't know who you are - why would I make arrangements to meet you in real life?"

A: A very good and important point - meeting internet people in real life at all times is something to be approached with due caution, this event is no different. I take people's safety and privacy seriously and want anyone signing up to the event to feel secure that I will treat them and their data with respect and complete confidence. Any correspondence we share will be deleted after the event and no contact details retained. I am a male board user with an enhanced CRB disclosure due to my employment (I.T in the education sector). If you prefer to make the arrangements with a female board user, this can be arranged.

Q: "Any rules on photography?"
A: I will be taking photos of the event and everyone else can too - however please get the express permission of anyone pictured before posting the images online.

Q: "But I thought Sheffield was destroyed by a nuclear bomb?"
A: That was the film Threads - Sheffield is very much intact.

Anyone with questions or concerns may contact me by private message. I will also provide people with my mobile number closer to the event to be used only to report travel issues or emergencies.

Some helpful links:

Sheffield Railway Station http://www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times and tickets
National Express Coaches http://www.nationalexpress.com for coach travel.
Road Traffic Information http://www.trafficengland.com

Hope to see you soon!

I just wanted to say that this is a really cool thing going on and that I hope that this goes as planned and smoothly, hope you guys who are meeting up will have a fantastic time.

I would say share some pictures with us here if possible! Not necessarily have to be faces of people there of course but yeah, I think we'd all love to see how this goes.

Good luck, take care and have a great time, you guys. :)

While I'll certainly endeavour to be there, I'm not going to sign up until I have definite travel plans and accommodation.

Good luck guys! :) I'm really happy about this because it's awesome that you're planning something of this sort and I hope it goes really well. Maybe someday it can be pulled off in other places eventually. I wish I was in the UK this summer! As Lady F said, do share pictures if you can.

ladyforsaken said:
I would say share some pictures with us here if possible! Not necessarily have to be faces of people there of course but yeah, I think we'd all love to see how this goes.

Photography is a good point - I've added it to the Q&A section on the original post. I will get a group photo to post on the board but only if everyone attending agrees to be in it, and anyone taking photos will be asked not to post them online without the subject's permission.

Thanks for reminding me to mention this :)

lifestream said:
While I'll certainly endeavour to be there, I'm not going to sign up until I have definite travel plans and accommodation.

I understand, hope you can get something arranged and it would be good to meet you.

h3donist said:
ladyforsaken said:

Photography is a good point - I've added it to the Q&A section on the original post. I will get a group photo to post on the board but only if everyone attending agrees to be in it, and anyone taking photos will be asked not to post them online without the subject's permission.

Thanks for reminding me to mention this :)

Or everyone can join in but those who does not want to be shown can have the picture edited and have their faces blurred? I don't know if that might seem a little.. offensive to anyone but, just an idea. :D

And take pictures of the food and drinks and games or whatever you guys are doing on the day. It sounds very exciting.

I could.. if I really wanted to, I could. (It's in my retakes, but I could.)

Latest posts

Back