Birthday Wishes and the One that Loves You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alone By Faults

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I suffer from being overly sensitive. Right now, I am trying to not work myself up and instead seek sources outside of myself to ask if I am being somewhat reasonable or again being overly sensitive.

When it comes to birthdays and the lady who says she loves you. I would think that one of the first things that if a person cares about you would roll out of bed and leave a message or text wishing you a happy birthday. Knowing her schedule, she wakes at the same time and is several hours past her normal get up time.

No message...and I hurt....

one can not make another act how you would like them....

do people do these things this way in prompt birthday wishes for your lover or relationship...or am I being a child?

People aren't always quick to jump on things like that when they first wake up. Sometimes, they just don't have time or even momentarily forget for a bit because of everything on their plates in the morning. She could be planning something special for later or want to say it to you in person.
So, while I understand the hurt you feel, give her a bit of time to get to it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have known her long enough and what is important to her she tackles right away so that she does not forget....

ty

I understand what you feel in a way, but at the same time, I've been there and not felt much or anything really, when there was no acknowledgement of the day during and after it had long passed. But it was never important to either of us. I know it is of significance to many people though, and I agree with callie. It could be that she's waiting for a better time or waiting to surprise you. Don't worry immediately, or be disheartened. Even if it has slipped her mind because she's busy, it doesn't mean she loves you less. People do forget, it's human. But if that is the case, she will make up for it when she recalls.

Something could have come up and needed her attention at the time, so she got distracted from wishing you. Sometimes these things happen.. we won't know. You can try messaging her and ask her what's going on, hopefully she has a good reason. Waiting around while assuming things that may not be true, won't be helping you at all. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back