ALL Chat room on an Android smartphone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goemul

Reaction score
Pertinent info: Non-rooted (will never root a phone cuz I have very little tech experience or intelligence and I don't need expensive bricks, lol) ZTE Quartz, on Straight Talk, running Android 4.3, using Chrome browser to access ALL...

Trouble is, when trying to access the chat, Chrome tells me I need a plugin. I've googled a bit, and apparently there's a Xat app, but, I don't know that I trust it as I can't get it in Android's app store. I'm curious if anyone else has similar issues, and if anyone knows a fix without using a different browser. My phone and data plan are my only internet access... So, if someone could maybe explain to me how to access the ALL chat room on my Android, in very simplistic and general terms ("the blue, flat cord" instead of "the cat5 cable extension", or whatever lol) I would very much appreciate it.

I'm not a user of chat really but I believe this is a known issue.

But this MIGHT be possible by using Firefox browser instead of Chrome. Try following these instructions and see if it works, I've not tried it but it doesn't involve dodgy apps so it should be fine.

You'll have to download the Firefox app first.

Xat isn't really all that mobile friendly, from my understanding. I'm sure another chat user can give you some advice. I know some have managed to get into chat via mobile, but I don't know anything about that aspect.

Punisher - I get, "Sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server," when I click that link. After some Google searching, I did find where I can get the APK for the app, but its not on the Android Playstore, and Xat seems to have this confusing, "earn points to get chat stuff" deal which... Is weird...

9006 - Lol the point was *not* to have to install another browser, but I appreciate the reply. :) I'll keep fiddling and if I figure it out, I'll post my solution here in case someone else needs it.

Use mobile version. m.xat.com. Enter chat room numb. 201137609 and xat acc inf. There u go.

Rainbow - I'm pretty sure I already said that that doesn't work, but thanks anyway.

Goemul said:
Pertinent info: Non-rooted (will never root a phone cuz I have very little tech experience or intelligence and I don't need expensive bricks, lol) ZTE Quartz, on Straight Talk, running Android 4.3, using Chrome browser to access ALL...

I am not sure how to install flash as a plugin for Chrome, and Chrome is the only browser I'm willing to use. If there's no way to do it, I'll deal, but if there is a way to do it, that'd be awesome.

Goemul said:
I am not sure how to install flash as a plugin for Chrome, and Chrome is the only browser I'm willing to use. If there's no way to do it, I'll deal, but if there is a way to do it, that'd be awesome.

Can I ask why you're willing to download a bunch of apps, but not another browser?

Where did I say I was willing to download a bunch of apps? I specifically said I'd like to access the chat via Chrome, which, as I understand it, would mean I wouldn't need another app. Isn't there a difference between an app and a plugin?

This whole chat thing is turning into a big pile of frustration and confusion, I'm sorry, lol.

Goemul said:
Where did I say I was willing to download a bunch of apps? I specifically said I'd like to access the chat via Chrome, which, as I understand it, would mean I wouldn't need another app. Isn't there a difference between an app and a plugin?

This whole chat thing is turning into a big pile of frustration and confusion, I'm sorry, lol.

The only thing you are adamant about is not installing another browser. But getting flash on an Android is not as easy as just getting a plug in. Google how to do it.
There's lot of information out there, just make sure you are specific and google how to do it for your version of Android. People do get into chat with mobile, so it's entirely possible, but if you think you can do it with only Chrome, it won't happen. You will have to download stuff, and yes, some of the things out there are not safe, but if you make sure you get it from a reliable source, you'll be fine, people do it all the time.

Goemul said:

Unfortunately it's the easiest way to do what you want, in life you have to make compromises, even as little as an App lol.

Latest posts

Back