How Important is Music in Your Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dd11

Reaction score
I think music is something that helps you transcend our daily grind. I love music. I can listen to assorted varieties. I love having a smartphone because now I can carry all my songs with me and listen to them in the car. I also really enjoy going to live events and listening to music.

I lovee music tooo. Soothes me and makes me feel great whn i feel down. Simply i get caught up in the moment of mrlodies and my heart beat accelerates. 😝😉

Important enough that I reckon it's the only thing keeping me going at times. I use music to amplify my moods, bad and good alike...it definitely helped me through all sorts of messy situations. Or to simply avoid human interaction.

Extremely important. It lifts my mood so fast and efficiently. I can sometimes listen my favorite songs for hours, again and again...

I love listening to music as well. Depending on the music itself and what I am doing, I could be on top of the world while listening!

Music is very important to me. It can keep me going when I need that boost or it can calm me down when I'm stressed. I don't think I'd be able to get through a week without my music

Music adds... atmosphere to my life. Ambient music for sad moments, metal for catharsis, strong rhythms for working. I'd find a lot of stuff boring otherwise.

I love music, but I don't listen to it as much as I used to. I can replay music and songs in my head with accuracy, and I remember lyrics just forever. I'll bet this is true for a lot of people, though. But songs have really stuck with me, and when people say things, songs which relate to what they are saying pop into my head. Like I go around in my own private musical production, sometimes. Drives my family crazy.

Music is very important to my life and besides people the one thing I probably couldn't live without. I'm not much of a television person but always listening to songs. It's also something that calms me down so I don't get too stressed.

I enjoy playing my violin. When I'm really into a song that I'm playing, I can feel the notes and the vibrations of my instrument in my chest and my body. It's a feeling like no other, I love it.

-Teresa

I'm one of those deviants who could happily live without music. I don't hate it or anything, but I can go for days, even weeks without listening to anything.

I find that most days I listen to at least an hour of music and often more. I find that it helps me think, dream, and escape as well as augments and commiserates with whatever mood I'm in.

If anyone is interested, I'm on last.fm. Username is FuturePastTense.

You know what I love? Hearing a song that reminds me of why I want to create. It can shake me out of the slumps I sometimes find myself in. It reminds me of my desire to find the beauty in life again.

The thing which I can't without in life... it has helped me a lot.

Not very. When I was in school and being bullied, one of their tactics was to ask if I liked music (a certain band, a particular song, whatever) and then tease me regardless of my answer. Completely turned me off of any kind of music.

el Jay said:
Not very. When I was in school and being bullied, one of their tactics was to ask if I liked music (a certain band, a particular song, whatever) and then tease me regardless of my answer. Completely turned me off of any kind of music.

I had a similar thing happen. When I was in grade school I saw a lot of kids liking particular bands just because they swore or talked about sex and drugs and they wanted to be seen listening to it. It turned me off to those bands for a while. I also didn't care for the way that some bands were used as a yardstick to determine how "cool" you were. I didn't listen to anything because I didn't relate to any of it and I didn't want to play these sort of social hierarchy games.

Sublime, for example, was a big offender. It took a while for me to warm up to them.

It was only later, during the end of high school and the start of college, that I really started exploring music. I found that I liked a lot of the old bands that I used to shun, and found that there was a lot about the music that made those bands actually really good, and that to focus on only some of the lyrics at the expense of the rest and of the music itself was to miss the forest for the trees. I found I actually liked a lot of those bands when I learned to separate them from how they were used growing up.

Not much, back in the day few years ago I used to listen almost everyday, now I go on for weeks and sometimes month without listening a single song, not even a tune. How crazy is that!

The only time I listen when my mind is little disturbed so switch on my music system and distract my mind from too much tangled thoughts, it help most of the time but sometimes nothing helps at all.

Latest posts

Back