The meaning behind your username...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goemul

Reaction score
I thought this could be kinda fun. What's the meaning behind your username?

Mine, Goemul, is Korean for Monster. Often, I feel that's part of what I am - it holds little negative connotations for me, but is more the implication that life and the things I have been thru have made me different than who I might have been, without those events.

Hm... my username demonstrates my lack of creativity :D I just read it on the front page when I came here.
And loneliness is feeling that is always with me, even when I'm with people, so it's somehow appropriate. :shy:

Mine came from combining two games' names into one. "Ikar" came from Ikaruga, a Shmup where the gimmick is to change from light and dark to dodge and do damage to enemies. The "Mue" part came from Shenmue, an RPG series whose third entry recently got a successful Kickstarter that made a record for how fast it hit a million dollars.

I did some quick research, and I guess Ikaru are dove birds in with black spots in Japan. As for Mue, I am going to guess that, based on what quick research I did, that it means tree. Kind of weird that I chose a name that actually made sense even though I didn't know it's meaning when I came up with it! :D

I'm too lazy to type, so here's my reply from another thread :p

TheRealCallie said:
My old username was taken while I was gone, so now I must be The REAL Callie :p
My avatar is a very small chicken my son brought home from school. lol

For reference, here's a few other threads about the topic.
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29780
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=8694
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=5305
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=2975
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=31287

TheRealCallie said:
I'm too lazy to type, so here's my reply from another thread :p

TheRealCallie said:
My old username was taken while I was gone, so now I must be The REAL Callie :p
My avatar is a very small chicken my son brought home from school. lol

For reference, here's a few other threads about the topic.
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29780
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=8694
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=5305
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=2975
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=31287

Your tiny chicken is adorable.

I was playing The Sims 2 and my person got so lonely a social bunny came (my avatar). I wish social bunnies were real.

I was staring at my reply for a long time wondering if I should take out that last sentence, don't want to sound creepy and weird.

*Since I know people who don't play the game, it's an imaginary friend

After my stroke I decided to try and live a hedonistic lifestyle (not the sex and drugs type in the media) which kinda became an alter ego from my family and married life. Now I've left that behind I'm hedonist all the time :)

I was probably around 17 or 16... somewhere around that age. I had plenty of friends and people I knew, but I just never felt part of the group. I fell as an excessive ''thing''.. no reason or purpose at all of me being there, didn't make any difference whatsoever. I fell more lonely surrounded by people than on my own. I've had the feeling that my voice was never heard, or respected in that manner. Just an ambient noise. So yeah, I opened the dictionary and decided to change it to something more personal. I'm using other nicknames in other entities of the web as well (notresp0nding, sickening_fear, Scarecrow)

Anyone who has talked to me on here has by now realized that my user name fits me very well.

Because I am without friends right now. Thankfully I have a husband but I spend much of my day in solitude and I often feel lonesome.

Niantiel is a passageway upon the Qliphoth between two husks who's guide between one husk and the other is said to be Death itself. In other translations with different contexts, Niantiel is also said to be an interchangeable word for Death (that is, in the formality of a celestial type of ...thing, (for a lack of a better word).

It is something that I say in reply out of habit. I guess it has more than one meaning though, but mine is innocent lol.

Mines self explanatory. I'm clearly a panda, a panda who is lonely. No ******* wonder though, my breed is going extinct.

[video=youtube]

I had been a member here about 3 yrs ago, but got really depressed & left after only a month or so. I came back recently but didn't remember my name or email, so I created a new account.

While thinking up a name, I randomly thought of my name "B t G" & remembered the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Breaking the Girl". Absolutely love that song. The lyrics spoke of my life at that time, my ex (+ the trauma of past exes) were breaking me. Making me continually snap mentally, physically, emotionally.
I didn't create the name in case I wanted something else.
So I left to go to the store, and a few mins after walking inside... the same song from RHCP "Breaking the Girl" came on in the grocery store! I stood in the aisle I was alone in, shocked & weirded the F* out. Coincidences like this happen all the time with me but this just felt crazy.
Plus, what grocery store plays a song like that?! Just....weird. And meant to be obviously.

Latest posts

Back