Your Favorite Game of All Time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikarmue

Reaction score
Topic.

My favorite is Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Every time I play this game, I always try something new, be it using only punches and kicks, using magic attacks like nothing else, or trying to beat the game as fast as I can. While I am certainly no speedrunner, I am still good at playing through a game at a really fast pace. Not to mention, this is the game that made me want to play video games like crazy more than 10 years ago.

What is your favorite game(s) and why?

Final Fantasy 8. It's a game that my younger sister, my mother and I used to play.

Ragnarok Online

Such good memories. Anyone that played on the NA valk server would probably recognize me from the video.

[video=youtube]

And I loved Aika online before the inevitable gear treadmill that happens to all FTP games. Anyone that played Aika NA server period probably recognizes me from the video too. :O

[video=youtube]

Final Fantasy 9. Everything good about the series up to that point, condensed into one game. Only downhill from there.

Final Fantasy VII.
FFVIII being a close second.

If I want to sit down and play one though, it's usually FFVIII. Because I've done basically everything there is to do in FFVII at some point or another. And okay yeah, the Triple Triad card game is a way more addictive mini-game than snowboarding or chocobo racing.

I liked final fantasy IV, VIII, IX and X. VII much less, to be honest. My favourite one is final fantasy VI.
I guess favourite game is a tie between ffVI and Chrono Trigger, but not sure.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne comes right after them.

on the other hand, I used to play a lot Age of Empires II and the Civilization games. Another pc game I enjoyed a lot, a bit more recently was Master of Olympus: Zeus.

I have tried playing online games many times, but they are not for me. Moreover I play 'solo' and after a while it gets almost impossible to proceed.

I can probably narrow them down by each general genre...
RTS = StarCraft 2 ... awesome capturing campaign, different play style on each multiplayer game
Action\Shooter = Any Battlefield game .. the diversity in playing different classes, vehicle
Adventure\RPG = Diablo series .. great storyline and gameplay mechanics
Platformer = Limbo .. beautiful and simplistic
Racer = GRiD .. the game progression and the really different handling of each car was great

Sublogic ATP (Airline Transport Pilot). Very realistic flight sim with air traffic control

hmmm, there cant be just one game

- space hulk vengeance of the blood angels - old game from the 3d0
- tekken 2 - ps1
- command and conquer red alert - pc
- final fantasy vii - ps1
- project x - amiga
- eve online - pc
- x series - space fighter/trade/factory manager game pc

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, although there a lot of other games that come close.

The Legacy of Kain series because it had fantastic dialogue and an engaging story. Who would've thought time-traveling vampires would make for such a memorable storytelling experience? :)

Pokémon because I've played it since I was a child and I've loved watching how the series has evolved so much but stayed true to the same formula over all those years.

Final Fantasy IX because it was the first game in the series I played and it was a wonderful experience. Other highlights in the series for me were VII and XII (which I think was an overlooked gem of the series). I was so disappointed when Square failed to deliver on their promise of HD remakes of the entire series.

Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game, probably because it was such an unsettling, melancholic ride. A close second would be Ocarina of Time. I played the 3DS remakes with so much nostalgic glee. :D

I love The Elder Scrolls series in all it's bugged out glory, Sins of a Solar Empire, Civilization and Mass Effect. I was probably one of a handful of people who actually liked the ambiguity of the original ending to Mass Effect 3, but that's a whole other thread. :)

- Mass Effect saga
- Fallout saga
- Elder Scrolls saga
- War of Warcraft (the game not the MMO)
- Ultima Online
- Witcher saga

My favorites games are Mass Effect 1,2,3. But there are a lot more that I love for different reasons. For example, there is the trilogy god of war; infamous 1 and 2; borderlands 2 and the pre-sequel, hotline miami 1 and 2; Devil may cry series; hitman series and the list goes on and on.

It's hard to choose just one as it really depends on what i'm into at the time, but these are the ones I go back to time and again.

Championship Manager 01/02 (before the series tried to get overly realistic)
Formula 1 Challenge (love all the mods)
Baldur's Gate
Sid Meier's Colonization (very dated, but still fun)
COD: MW3 (when i want to blow honeysuckle up :) )

My list...

• Mass Effect Trilogy
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Batman series, ArkhamCity and Asylum, haven't played Knight yet.
    NFS: Most wanted BE
    Crysis
    COD and MOH, Old ones, don't like the new ones.
    Borderlands 2, when I just want to burn everything around me, hihihihi :D

Latest posts

Back