Your Favorite Game of All Time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tothemoon said:
To be honest, my current favorite game is To The Moon, as you can likely tell haha.  I played it with a friend, and we both cried like babies.  As my friend said, "There is only one word to describe 'To The Moon': magical."

Besides that, I've always been particularly fond of the Bioshock and Borderlands series.  Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 2 was dope too.  Probably more, but those are all I can think of.

Yes, I agree. Was a nice game.

Assassins Creed (all of them)
Dishonored (waiting on new one)
Witcher (all)

The Elder Scrolls Series
Never Winter Knights Series
Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Series
The Knights of the Old Republic Series

Probably a mix between Spider-man 2 on the GameCube, Guitar Hero 2, Arkham Asylum and Demon's Souls/Bloodborne. Though it's a changing selection all the time.

Probably Half-Life because of the nostalgia, but I've recently played Fallout 3 and New Vegas (like four of five years late) and I loved those games as well.

Resident Evil4. Everytime i turn it on it's like i travel back in time and i am in the 6th grade all over again.

The Gears of War Series. The online gameplay is great!. I really like 1 life game types in online multiplayer games. Less run and gun more strategy

Not sure if I posted before, but cannot find any in the thread...
Original Blood is my favourite one, and has been since I started playing - sadly they shut it down.
RIFT is technically better in many aspects, and grabs the 2nd place. (Or 1st place of non-shutdown games)
Skyrim never gets dull, and takes the 1st place as single player game.

Mass effect
Big fan of this game ,and hmm Left4dead is a good game too.but mass effect is very emotional game.

I actually gotta say Bastion, by Supergiant games. Played it when it first came out on xbla, fantastic story, loved the narration, good gameplay. The ending and the music, all that made it for me.

I don't know if I could pick just one...screw it, I'ma give one for each system I play:

Commodore 64 - Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
PC - Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
NES - Contra
Game Boy - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Genesis - Earthworm Jim
TurboGrafx - Splatterhouse
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
PS1 - Skullmonkeys
N64 - Perfect Dark
GB Color - Shantae
PS2 - Manhunt
GBA - Metroid Fusion

And I'm only just now familiarizing myself with the GameCube library, but my current favorite is Alien Hominid. Really wanna dive into Dreamcast.

If I could only have ONE of those.... probably Mario RPG.

If I had to pick one it'd be the original Deus Ex, with Fallout 2 right behind it.

Honorable mentions:
SNES - Wild Guns, not much to say, it's a simple game with a ridiculous theme, but it's just sooo fun to play.
Commodore 64 - North vs South (my first strategy game, loved every moment of it)
PC - Kohan and its expansions, luckily it still works on the new operating systems and I can still enjoy it, the game's just brutal in terms of difficulty, but I like the lore and gameplay too much to be scared away.
Arcade - Metal Slug 2, this game ate a looooot of my money back in the day, beautiful sprites and great gameplay.
PS 1 - Tekken 3, one of the few games I can still remember from that era. Oh, and Warcraft 2 was much better than its PC edition, screw you APM try-hards.
N64 - Goldeneye tied with Blast Corps, both games were FANTASTIC and I rue the day my power cable died, it's almost impossible to buy a replacement in my area, even through the internet.

Ikarmue said:
Topic.

My favorite is Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Every time I play this game, I always try something new, be it using only punches and kicks, using magic attacks like nothing else, or trying to beat the game as fast as I can. While I am certainly no speedrunner, I am still good at playing through a game at a really fast pace. Not to mention, this is the game that made me want to play video games like crazy more than 10 years ago.

What is your favorite game(s) and why?

Best I can think of

Resident Evil 2

Dragon Warrior 1

Phantasy Star IV

Persona 1

Metal Gear Solid 1

ALF for the MSX

I made up the last one. (Though it's real)

Latest posts

Back