Your Favorite Game of All Time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a top 10 for a very long time since this has been a long standing question amongst many of my friends circles.

#1 - Fire Emblem 7 (GBA)
#2 - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
#3 - Bayonetta (360/PS3/Wii U)
#4 - Dark Souls 1 (360/PS3)
#5 - Metroid - Zero Mission (GBA)
#6 - Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
#7 - Super Castlevania (SNES)
#8 - Megaman 2 (NES)
#9 - Ragnarok Online (PC)
#10 - Sonic Generations (360/PS3)

Honorable mentions include Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Mostly due to the replay value and the super great times I had running that game with friends over and over, otherwise Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night would be here), Super Metroid and Ori and the Blind Forest

Ocarina of Time (yes ik I'm basic lol). Some of my other favorites are Earthbound, Fallout 3, and Super Mario Galaxy

Kingdom Hearts, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Fallout, Legend of Zelda Series, Mario 64 ,those are the ones that come to my mind immediately when I think of my most loved games. But I love so many it is hard to pick an all time favorite.

I have a top 300 games of all-time list, which is incredibly sad for two reasons: 1) I have the time to compose such a list, and 2) there are at least 300 games out there that I have a detailed opinion about.

Here's to not having a life!

evanescencefan912 said:
omg Kingdom Hearts and The Last of Us those are two of my favorite games 
I loved the emotion and the incredible voice acting of The Last of Us. It was such an amazing game. And as for Kingdom Hearts my dogs are named Riku and Kairi so what does that tell you lol.

Hard to choose.

Advance Wars
Chromehounds
GTA series since III
Destiny and Destiny 2

Elyseon said:
Kingdom Hearts, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Fallout, Legend of Zelda Series, Mario 64 ,those are the ones that come to my mind immediately when I think of my most loved games. But I  love so many it is hard to pick an all time favorite.

Love Heavy Rain!
You should try Farenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy) if you've not. Bit old now but the story draws you in like a book.

Omnione said:
Elyseon said:
Kingdom Hearts, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Fallout, Legend of Zelda Series, Mario 64 ,those are the ones that come to my mind immediately when I think of my most loved games. But I  love so many it is hard to pick an all time favorite.

Love Heavy Rain!
You should try Farenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy) if you've not. Bit old now but the story draws you in like a book.

I have played that one. It was really good I enjoyed it a lot.

1. Sonic Adventure 2
2. Life Is Strange
3. The Last Of Us
4. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
5. Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity
6. Ratchet and Clank 1,2,3
7. Sly 1,2,3
8. Jak and Daxter 1,2,3
9. Frequency
10. Kingdom Hearts
11. Final Fantasy 10,10-2, 13, 15
12. Tearaway
13. Virtue's Last Reward, 999
14. Hotel Dusk Room 215, Last Window
15. Rayman 2,3
16. Fallout 4

As dumb as it sounds, I have fond memories of drunken games of WWE No Mercy on the N64 with my college buddies. It still reminds me of my wrestling days way back when.
Also, Goldeneye. It was awesome.

Richard_39 said:
As dumb as it sounds, I have fond memories of drunken games of WWE No Mercy on the N64 with my college buddies. It still reminds me of my wrestling days way back when.
Also, Goldeneye. It was awesome.

Doesn't sound dumb at all.  The N64 had the best wrestling games of all-time.  WCW World Tour, WWF WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy; all were far superior to modern wrestling games, which tend to complicate the basic formula or boil it down to thoughtless simplicity.

I have too many favorites to list as I love games but one that I have always loved was the Final Fantasy series. I recently was playing Final Fantasy 15 a lot and I mean A LOT lol. I guess I got burned out and I haven't played that in a while, but another that I really enjoyed was the Halo series especially in multiplayer. I haven't even been playing the console as I have been hooked on the mobile game Summoners War which is fun.

I considered this a while ago based on my go-to games per PlayStation platform. Very repetitive themes, but I only ever really played stuff that related to my tastes as opposed to being a huge gaming nerd. Basically I didn't buy loads of different games, but I definitely spent far too much time gaming. Anyway, my list went something like this...

PS1:
- Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
- Brian Lara Cricket
- FIFA 2000
- FIFA 2002
- Actua Soccer 3
- Smackdown 2
- Spider-Man
- Crash Bandicoot 2

PS2:
- Cricket 05
- Cricket 07
- Smackdown vs Raw 2006
- Smackdown vs Raw 2008
- FIFA 2005
- Madden 2001

PS3:
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- WWE 2K14

PS4:
- Fallout 4
- Star Wars Battlefront

Hmm, I don't think I have a favorite overall. Some of the ones I like are Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3 & 4, Borderlands, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls, Destiny, Halo, Life is Strange, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Parasite Eve, and Dinocrisis... I've probably left a bunch out, but my break is over... 😒

I don't think anything will ever surpass the original Mass Effect trilogy for me. Never gets old. I've played through it at least ten times. Others include:

Dragon Age
Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Bioshock
Dead Space
The Witcher
Deus Ex
Grand Theft Auto
Max Payne
Telltale games in general

Mine are Diablo and Red Alert 2. When I think of these games it brings back memories of a simpler, carefree time in my life.
I was like 11 or 12 and these were the game that got me into gaming. At that time I didn't have my own computer so I shared with my older brother. He didn't let me go on Battlenet and used to brag about how far he was in both games etc. I was also a little sh*t back then so I like to argue with him. Thing is I wasn't just a little sh*t, I was also a stupid little sh*t.  :D
I didn't know what "delete"means so I deleted his Red Alert save game. Next day, I saw an angry note on the table where he knew I would see it. Only then I knew delete means "Poof, gone forever!". He still lets me use his PC though. This day I still feel kinda guilty deleting his save game.

1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Halo 3
5. Zelda : Ocarina of Time
6. Halo : Reach
7. Mass Effect
8. Vindictus
9. Star Wars : KOTOR
10. Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2

Final Fantasy XI (shout-outs to anyone who is still playing this in 2018!!!)
Resident Evil – Code: Veronica (I had a huge crush on Steve!)
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Final Fantasy 7
The Battle of Olympus
Contra
Ninja Gaiden
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha
Soul Blade
Jet Set Radio Future

Latest posts

Back