What video game are you currently playing ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard_39 said:
I concur.
Check Skywind if you don't know it, I don't know how much along there are, but what always bugged me about Morrowind, despite how incredibly superior a game it is to the two sequels, is it's really dated now and some of the technical issues really pissed me off lol (Like the fact you can't overight a save on the old xbox version because it corrupts it, and other things). Skywind is an attempt to remake the game using Skyrim's engine. I don't know if they finished it yet.
I've been recently restarted playing Oblivion, with all the content (when I finish Diablo 3 in 4 years LOL), but I must admit, despite it being to me an inferior game than it's predecessors, I have a special place in my heart for Skyrim, because of it's impressive vistas and the Norse mythology storyline. I've always been fascinated since I was a kid by stories of Odin and Thor, the Serpent of Midgard, Elves, Dwarves and Ragnarok lol. Hell, I'd LIVE my life there if I could and be very happy having a house on a craiggy mountain somewhere in the snow.
Back to the game, storyline is a bit simplistic and so is the game mechanics. I was disappointed with how underpowered everything felt, as opposed to literally being a godlike character in Morrowind and the sheer variety of things you could accomplish (hehe, ring of flight FTW and screw walking ;-) )
When I finish them both, I have to return to Skyrim.
I never was super hyped about the project to begin with, but it certainly looks interesting; I did follow the development for some time, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not going to bash on the project before it's even released; it seems like their hearts are in the right place, but promise is no longer a selling point for me, too many "promising" games and mods ended up being honeysuckle. They've already admited that some of the things they had initially planned will not be added in, because Skyrim's engine's ... not the best, would be the polite way to say it. And currently it's in early alpha, with no public release available. I guess we'll live and we'll see, right?

Oh crap, that save bug sounds really crippling, and I can't even imagine playing without the script fixes at this point (mods/fan-patches are a really strong argument for the pc's, aren't they?). PC MASTE ... no, I'm not doing that.

Heh, I liked the Norse mythology so much that I've became a viking reeactor, didn't quite work out as well as I've hoped, but ... hell, at least it was fun while it lasted.

Skyrim's not as bad as many people make it out to be, but neither is it the oh so super hyped masterpiece the other half seems to claim. It's in the middle; just average. Still, considering that Bethesda's engine was never that amazing, they did manage to create some really beautiful landscapes and vistas, honestly impressive work and it's still pleasant to look at without any enhancements and mods. All of that accompanied by a fantastic soundtrack as well. If only the gameplay wasn't so bland ... how can you make a dragon slaying adventure so mediocre? What a shame ...
Oblivion had its fair share of problems as well, but alltogether it held up much better, I feel. Shivering Isles are perhaps my favourite expansion, along with the Lonesome Road from New Vegas.

Ring of flight? Screw that! Scroll of Icarian Flight ftw, ahahaha, best item in the game. Travel the skies, see the world and get turned into a pile of blood jelly once you finally land, lol.

Harker said:
Richard_39 said:
X-1 Alpha said:
I still have 2 different editions of Morrowind (and 4 of Fallout 2 ...) on my shelf. Yes, I've issues. I've played Morrowind on the day of its release, I still like to go back to it, once in a while.
Anyway. Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim.

I concur.
Check Skywind if you don't know it, I don't know how much along there are, but what always bugged me about Morrowind, despite how incredibly superior a game it is to the two sequels, is it's really dated now and some of the technical issues really pissed me off lol (Like the fact you can't overight a save on the old xbox version because it corrupts it, and other things). Skywind is an attempt to remake the game using Skyrim's engine. I don't know if they finished it yet.
I've been recently restarted playing Oblivion, with all the content (when I finish Diablo 3 in 4 years LOL), but I must admit, despite it being to me an inferior game than it's predecessors, I have a special place in my heart for Skyrim, because of it's impressive vistas and the Norse mythology storyline. I've always been fascinated since I was a kid by stories of Odin and Thor, the Serpent of Midgard, Elves, Dwarves and Ragnarok lol. Hell, I'd LIVE my life there if I could and be very happy having a house on a craiggy mountain somewhere in the snow.
Back to the game, storyline is a bit simplistic and so is the game mechanics. I was disappointed with how underpowered everything felt, as opposed to literally being a godlike character in Morrowind and the sheer variety of things you could accomplish (hehe, ring of flight FTW and screw walking ;-) )

With which race you used to play? I was a dark elf, and if you were one too, welcome. The Dunmer community is like a family for me.

LOL Nope. I was a Norse. I probably was in real life too, at some point, because I have a similar stoic mentality (no red beard, though, and I'm not very tall, maybe 5'10 or so ;-) ) "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" lol. Big blond Aryan race-type character lol.

I never played much with the race. My original first run in 2011 was as a Nord, then I tried a wizard and I figured High Elf (in game dialogue made me think they were hated and I'd get abused as being part of the Thalmor in game, but to my deception, not a lot of script on that). I will have to try other races in the future...besides orcs. Relics of my AD&D days, Orcs are the enemy and need to be destroyed lol. I'll have to try Dunmer at some point, and those cat people as well, if I want to do a thief. There's at least a lot of replayability in those games, which is a fun part of them.

i'm playing dungeon rush app game. it's on its last days, i'm guessing, since i'm reading in its forums that there haven't been any new updates or events in a while. that's a shame since i only started playing 10 days ago.

Skyrim, I play for about a week every year, get bored senseless and then revisit a year later.

I'll be on Fallout 4 as soon as I can save up for an Xbox One (probably the day my 360 blows up!)

TheWalkingDead said:
Skyrim, I play for about a week every year, get bored senseless and then revisit a year later.

I'll be on Fallout 4 as soon as I can save up for an Xbox One (probably the day my 360 blows up!)

Fallout 4 is a lot of fun. It's a shame that so many bitter jerks who want Fallout to return to being a clunky isometric RPG hate it. I say that as someone that loves isometric RPG's; the original Fallout games were never a good as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Arcanum.

Erasercrumbs said:
TheWalkingDead said:

Fallout 4 is a lot of fun. It's a shame that so many bitter jerks who want Fallout to return to being a clunky isometric RPG hate it. I say that as someone that loves isometric RPG's; the original Fallout games were never a good as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Arcanum.

I think a lot of those people would have been satisfied if the series remained at New Vegas standards.

Richard_39 said:
Harker said:
Richard_39 said:
X-1 Alpha said:
I still have 2 different editions of Morrowind (and 4 of Fallout 2 ...) on my shelf. Yes, I've issues. I've played Morrowind on the day of its release, I still like to go back to it, once in a while.
Anyway. Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim.

I concur.

With which race you used to play? I was a dark elf, and if you were one too, welcome. The Dunmer community is like a family for me.

LOL Nope. I was a Norse. I probably was in real life too, at some point, because I have a similar stoic mentality (no red beard, though, and I'm not very tall, maybe 5'10 or so ;-) ) "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" lol. Big blond Aryan race-type character lol.

I never played much with the race. My original first run in 2011 was as a Nord, then I tried a wizard and I figured High Elf (in game dialogue made me think they were hated and I'd get abused as being part of the Thalmor in game, but to my deception, not a lot of script on that). I will have to try other races in the future...besides orcs. Relics of my AD&D days, Orcs are the enemy and need to be destroyed lol. I'll have to try Dunmer at some point, and those cat people as well, if I want to do a thief. There's at least a lot of replayability in those games, which is a fun part of them.

The sad part is Morrowind was probably a one-off. I honestly doubt we'll ever see an RPG like that again.

Xelha said:
I've been playing Ark and Divinity Original Sin 2... two games that I love to death lol

Divinity is amazing, but some of the battles are starting to drive me crazy.

I'm enjoying a Smite winning streak. I'm sure I'm just one game from abject failure, but it's fun to pretend I'm good, if only for a little while.

Assassin's Creed: Origins...loving the Egyptian setting, not one you come across often in video games, especially with such mind-blowing graphics.

DanMann said:
Tealeaf, lets chit-chat! unblock me ;)

i like Divinity too.

This is your first and only warning in regards to trying to communicate with a member who has blocked you. If they clearly don't wish to talk with you, leave them alone. You will not use this forum as a means to harass anyone.

Tealeaf said:
Xelha said:
I've been playing Ark and Divinity Original Sin 2... two games that I love to death lol

Divinity is amazing, but some of the battles are starting to drive me crazy.

Driving you crazy in what sense? Difficult? 

I love the battles but I worry that the game is going to have low replay value because of how sporadic they are compared to exploring and other things.

Latest posts

Back