Your Major?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solivagant

Reaction score
For those of you who've attended college/university, what is or was your major area of study?

Undergrad: Double major, Psychology and English Double minor: sociology and Symbolic Interactionism

Post Grad: BCBA/ Applied Behavioral Analysis.

No where in my education did i ever learn to spell! :p

English/American studies and Linguistics. Opted out after the first term.

First and last time I set foot in a university.

ladyforsaken said:
HoodedMonk said:
ladyforsaken said:
I want to do something in social work though.

You'd be amazing at it. :)

I'd hope so. Thanks!

No honeysuckle, huh? :p

But, don't worry, you'd be a natural.

Besides, you already listen to people now so you'd only get paid for doing it.

A little advice though…I think psychologists get paid more than social workers. At least, that's how it is in the USA.

Solivagant said:
For those of you who've attended college/university, what is or was your major area of study?

My major was psychology, with a minor in religion.

I have a licence in administration economic and social speciality business management but I didn't like that too much so for my master I changed for administration and planning of the land, where it's your internship that specializes you even more, so I got an internship in the cultural field but I dropped at the end of my second year of master (before the second internship).

Mine was Business Administration, and we had to pick a specialty so I did Management. I did it because I was originally an Accounting major, but realized that I wasn't really having a great time in that major. However, by the time I realized that I wanted to pick something else, I had no time nor money to start over and just needed to finish, so Business Administration was the major I was closest to getting. I didn't have a minor, either.

I really think it's kind of a useless major, because it's just too general. It seems that the more specialized you are, the easier it is to find something. If you're too general, employers don't know what to do with you.

If I could do it all over again though, I don't know what I'd do. I've always been torn between the desire for money and the good life (especially a nice car - a top-trim muscle car for me, please - not to mention vacations where I can have all the fun I couldn't afford before, being able to learn new skills, and last but not least, top medical care and food), and creativity and learning how to get good at that kind of stuff. How to become a great mind, have interesting thoughts, be able to come up with the kinds of things I admire, and have all kinds of stories to tell people.

Though I wonder on this often, I still don't know what kind of major I'd pick because I don't know what kind of job I'd want. Nothing ever really stood out to me. All I know is that I guess to be safe, I'd major in something practical and minor in something creative.

Latest posts

Back