Getting through to the Man

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niantiel

Reaction score
So, I sat down with my boss, and told him that my band, whom I've been working with for 5 years, and my friends, whom I've also had for 6 years (Mostly the same people) are all moving, and without the relationship that made me move to this town since her and I broke up 3 years ago, I basically have no reason to be in this town besides my job. Because that is basically the only stable thing in my life.

So, my boss, who is known for being relentlessly heartless and rough on the staff, responded to me about moving to another town maybe in a year or so (I'm in a position of management).

He responded with, giving me alternate Friday's off, under the condition that I use them for myself for personal reasons. Which I badly need. And you know, when you do 9.5 - 11 hour shifts Monday - Friday, having every other Friday off, might help me enough.

So, here's to looking up. I assumed move because my company is rather hardened and didn't think that they would allow for this, or to potentially pay me more, or who knows at some time in the future maybe that might be an option since I haven't had a raise in 2 years.

Latest posts

Back