what happened today need advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
Today I had to go to the city to meet my friend Dan from college who just recently came back from China. It was pouring raining and I wasn't expecting anyone to come. He brought along with him some of his friends and my acquaintances, I wish were my friendss, along.
We were supposed to have some "fellowship" and talk about stuff in central park about God I guess. Instead we went into a museum cafeteria ( The Metropolitan Museum), and talked there. We but not including me talked for hours. The center of attention was on Ray, the lovable fat pastor guy. While he was talking to the other ten people. I talked to Dan, and 2 other chinese guys who I got along with. I wasn't doing well. My intestines felt like they were going to implode but everytime I went to the bathroom, nothing happens. So I kept returning and after every ten minutes hearing ggggrrrrrrrr. The sound of my intestines ready to explode. But only I can hear that so I'm sitting there comically trying to converse with this. Me, and the 2 Chinese guys get bored while Ray "preaches" more like telling stories with the girls and another guy. We decide to walk around the museum in the Egyptian section. We finally return later and before we all leave as a group including Ray and all the girls we decide to take a group photo. I stand by the outskirts of the group partly because I'm not the center of attention and because I'm trying not to draw attention to myself and the sounds I'm making. After the photo, one of the girls says,"why are you such a loner?" Why are you always on the outside?" I reply: "What would you want me to do?"
No response.
I left the museum.

And I need advice now. Should I bottle up my emotions like I always do or should I send her a message on facebook ( I dont have her number) just cursing her and telling her off? Also, what would you have said to her after she asked those questions.

PS. She has said this to me before even when I was trying to socialize and I did not have intestinal problems.

It sounds like you had a crummy afternoon. I'm sorry :[ *hugs*
I'd send her a message on facebook saying that you where feeling ill so that's why you weren't so social. Even if that's a slight distortion of the truth, it's still true, you weren't feeling well, later. You've got a good excuse right there, use it.

Qui speaks the truth. Also, what business does she have putting you on the spot like that? That isn't a very nice thing to do to anyone.

yea im with qui to

also i would have said something right back when asked you that? somethin smart ass like "why not?" or " im just a shy type, dont worry about it". dont let her bug you, shyness is just fine

That was kind of a rude thing to say for her, i mean to me it seems like theyre not including u in their convo's and then she asks why YOUR such a loner? Lol...ppl can be so dumb, this was just 1 afternoon so just try to forget about it.

How did she say it? It might have been genuine concern if it wasn't sarcastic. Who knows she may want to get close.

If it was sarcasm and she was just being a *****, I personally wouldn't lower myself to the level of dealing with such a neanderthal, not worth the effort.

Latest posts

Back