Internet Ideas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
So good news, I bought a house. The eh news (not necessarily bad) I cannot get cable or DSL internet at this new house.

So my options are wireless through a phone service, or satellite.

All I want to do is be able to browse and work with my google docs. I have high speed internet at work, so when I want to download a game to play, I can download it after school.

So, does anyone use satellite or wireless internet as their sole internet? I know already it's not the best, but is it all that bad?

I'm not sure as to what service is like in the US but generally satellite in the UK (Sky) is pretty poor. You can get good download speed from the satellite but upload is very poor since it's done through some form of ADSL line, and the more people use it in the day you're often waiting, or it'll slow down considerably. Other aspects of the service can also can cause unreliable connections. Sky issued a load of cheap ass Routers one time, and I remember they were awful. Constantly dropping from the wifi or the service.

Only other option I can think of is Internet Dongles, though they're not really that popular. If you can get a mobile phone signal then you'll be able to use one. Also if you're in a good area and you get 4G service then that'll be fine, anything less might seem a bit slow, though.

TheRealCallie said:
I had wireless internet before I was able to get DSL. It's not bad, actually. Well, the company I used wasn't bad.

Congrats on the house :D Is it the one I saw?

Yes it is the one you saw. :)

I think we will go with some sort of wireless. James played games on his laptop last night using his phone as a hot spot, and it didn't really use much data at all.

Nicolelt said:
I think we will go with some sort of wireless. James played games on his laptop last night using his phone as a hot spot, and it didn't really use much data at all.

Then maybe you should pick up one of those 'Mobile Broadband' things I suggested, I found some random site talking about it.

Nicolelt said:
TheRealCallie said:
I had wireless internet before I was able to get DSL. It's not bad, actually. Well, the company I used wasn't bad.

Congrats on the house :D Is it the one I saw?

Yes it is the one you saw. :)

YAY!!!!!
The dogs will love all the room to run, but I don't relish the lawn mowing portion of the property. Invest in a mower with a very large deck :p

Latest posts

Back