Family issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eteled

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place...

So, my family comes home from where ever they were, and my door was closed (I like my privacy), but then she bangs the door, marches in, starts yelling at me about something, then my younger brother just comes and starts talking honeysuckle (no other way to put it) about me, I tell him to stop, but then my mother just screams at me for doing that.

Then she screams that I'm not allowed to close the door, and after I tell my younger brother to get out of the room because all he was doing was making faces and just trying to make me mad (it worked), but then my mother just screams (not like a grumpy voice, a legit scream) at me for that too.

So then I go to the bathroom, she says they're going to the bank or something, then she demands I watch my siblings, I say "fine", but then my younger brother starts talking things about me again like, "He does stupid things! He's bad!" etc. etc., and after I tell him to knock it off, she says "BUT HE'S RIGHT!", I say that he's not right and he's making stuff up (he always tells lies about me but my mother ALWAYS believes him no matter what I say), but I only got another face full of screams like "SHUT UP!", "DON'T TALK BACK TO ME!".

So now I'm in my room and I'm both pissed off and depressed.

Bottomline:
Aaagh! I hate this!​

Sorry to hear this happening to you, Eteled. Has your mother always been like this, or have there been changes? How is your dad in all of this, assuming he is still in the picture? I'd say try to somehow ignore your younger brother and his remarks, and focus more on your problem with your mom.

Best of luck!

Rosebolt said:
Sorry to hear this happening to you, Eteled. Has your mother always been like this, or have there been changes? How is your dad in all of this, assuming he is still in the picture? I'd say try to somehow ignore your younger brother and his remarks, and focus more on your problem with your mom.

Best of luck!

She's always had these problems. One minute shes calm the other it's like getting hit in the face with a hot iron. I can't really talk about any of her problems since she'll just shout at me for having the audacity to say something like that.
My biological dad left me before I was even born and my stepdad just recently left us, so it's just me, 2 siblings and her. It's incredibly hard to ignore him though since he'll just keep trying harder and harder (ex. throwing things at me, hitting me with things etc.) and even if I tell her she just says I'm "messed in the head". :(

Hi Eteled,sorry to hear that you are going through this. Reading this I was wondering if it could be stress,if your Stepdad just recently left she might feel like she has been left on her own and has a lot to deal with. I know it's not fair that you might be on the recieving end but sometimes when people are upset they end up lashing out on everyone else around them.

Latest posts

Back