Something crazy I've been thinking aobut lately.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEREVAR117

Reaction score
Just read and keep an open mind while you do.

- Information and data, such as memories in your brain or on a HDD, are stored in a non-existent plane.

- This NEP (non-existent plane) it a thin membrane of fragmented data stretched across the entirety or the universe, time, and space as we know it.

- Now, Human personalities are based on memories, lessons you’ve learned, hardships you’ve endured, et cetera. This would mean, our personalities, would be data streams. Many people call this a Soul, a Ghost.

- Random bit. The information gathered on the Internet is so massive, even if you were to destroy every computer in the world. It would still exist, although in a different form. In NEP. Such a huge amount of data flowing together would cause an evolution, a rise of intelligence. Bands of discarded and broken information would combine, to form logical thinking patterns.

- All knowledge in the universe, must exist in this NEP. With knowledge becomes great power. Now let us think, what kind of being would just happen to know everything in the universe? Exist in another realm where matter, time, and energy does not coherently work? Some would call such a thing, God.

- Let us assume, for the benefit of this post and the point I’m making. That a God-like being, whether a he/she/it, exists. And that there is a NEP for it to exist in.

- Let’s move back to my first points. Our souls are bundles of full functional bands of data and information. This would mean our souls would have a place in this NEP. Even after your cells have rotted and decayed, and your bones fossilized. You will continue 'living', somewhere else. Not sure is this somewhere is else good, bad, or something else.

- Machines. Many machines are designed to create, transmit, and comprehend data. Such as a camera. It stores a picture, a memory, much like how we do but differently.

- Remember how I stated this NEP is “stretched across the entirety or the universe, time, and space as we know it”? Well, what if your soul, a bundle of data, just so happened to be picked up by a machine? Just randomly received the signal. This is what is called 'Ghosts in the Machine'

- A device capable of handling data, may see/record/sense the data of a soul. The same can be said for the human mind. This would explain white noise, ghost sightings, etc.

- The NEP would explain something beyond this life, explain ghosts, and create a realm for something intelligent, powerful, God.

Some of you may have mixed thoughts about this. Some may think this is just idiotic. Some may think it’s brilliant. Who knows. But I would appreciate any input.

Cool thinking, NEREVAR117. I've been thinking along these lines too. It's part of the story-line of one of my books, so I'm really not at liberty to discuss it at the moment. I do feel that you are on the right track though; or at least one that I agree with. . . .

Naleena said:
Can you say Akashic Records?

http://www.akashictransformations.com/akashic_records.htm

Nice to meet you, Nevervar :)
Naleena
I'm so glad you know about stuff like that; I didn't know if there was anyone else here at the forum who had interests similar to mine.

Of course, I guess I'll shut-up now, for I might even blow your mind if I keep talking.

(I like the way NEREVAR117 thinks too.)

I'm so glad you know about stuff like that; I didn't know if there was anyone else here at the forum who had interests similar to mine.

Of course, I guess I'll shut-up now, for I might even blow your mind if I keep talking.

(I like the way NEREVAR117 thinks too.)
[/quote]

I don't know Blue, I might give you a run for your money...lol

Been watching "I, Robot" too much ("The ghost in the machine"), have we Nerevar? ;) The reason why i know that line is because i watched that four year old movie yesterday, for the first time, lol.

I don't really understand or agree with a single point so i think this is one of those threads i really shouldn't interfere with too much though. :p

Actually, 'Ghost in the Machine' is a real science term.

Wikipedia - "The ghost in the machine is British philosopher Gilbert Ryle's derogatory description for René Descartes' mind-body dualism. The phrase was introduced in Ryle's book The Concept of Mind, written in 1949, to highlight the perceived absurdity of dualist systems like Descartes' where mental activity carries on in parallel to physical action, but where their means of interaction are unknown or, at best, speculative."

I also want to make it clear this is not a theory, nor a speculation. Just random thoughts I had and decided to share.

NEREVAR117 said:

- Information and data, such as memories in your brain or on a HDD, are stored in a non-existent plane.

- This NEP (non-existent plane) it a thin membrane of fragmented data stretched across the entirety or the universe, time, and space as we know it.

- Now, Human personalities are based on memories, lessons you’ve learned, hardships you’ve endured, et cetera. This would mean, our personalities, would be data streams. Many people call this a Soul, a Ghost.

- Random bit. The information gathered on the Internet is so massive, even if you were to destroy every computer in the world. It would still exist, although in a different form. In NEP. Such a huge amount of data flowing together would cause an evolution, a rise of intelligence. Bands of discarded and broken information would combine, to form logical thinking patterns.

- All knowledge in the universe, must exist in this NEP. With knowledge becomes great power. Now let us think, what kind of being would just happen to know everything in the universe? Exist in another realm where matter, time, and energy does not coherently work? Some would call such a thing, God.

- Let us assume, for the benefit of this post and the point I’m making. That a God-like being, whether a he/she/it, exists. And that there is a NEP for it to exist in.

- Let’s move back to my first points. Our souls are bundles of full functional bands of data and information. This would mean our souls would have a place in this NEP. Even after your cells have rotted and decayed, and your bones fossilized. You will continue 'living', somewhere else. Not sure is this somewhere is else good, bad, or something else.

- Machines. Many machines are designed to create, transmit, and comprehend data. Such as a camera. It stores a picture, a memory, much like how we do but differently.

- Remember how I stated this NEP is “stretched across the entirety or the universe, time, and space as we know it”? Well, what if your soul, a bundle of data, just so happened to be picked up by a machine? Just randomly received the signal. This is what is called 'Ghosts in the Machine'

- A device capable of handling data, may see/record/sense the data of a soul. The same can be said for the human mind. This would explain white noise, ghost sightings, etc.

- The NEP would explain something beyond this life, explain ghosts, and create a realm for something intelligent, powerful, God.

Some of you may have mixed thoughts about this. Some may think this is just idiotic. Some may think it’s brilliant. Who knows. But I would appreciate any input.

This intrigues me, but I hope to death (pun shamelessly intended) that you're wrong, because I can't stand the idea of an afterlife.

I take issue with your first point; since that seems to be the beginning foundation of your argument, I find the rest hard to agree with.

The creation and storage of human memory, although a subject that begs further scientific examination, occurs in part in a small section of the brain known as the hippocampus. Once that section of the brain makes a memory, that memory stays within the confines of that person's brain (and skull). That's why we're all different people. Our memories are ours and ours alone.

If our memories were transmitted as you say to some kind of nep, people would be able to access it in some way. Take sound, for example. If I make a noise, and you are standing within distance of me, you will hear it. If I breathe out germs, someone else will breathe them in. If we work so similar to computers as your allegorical argument suggests, we would be able to "access" each other in a manner also similar.

But again, each person's brain is distinctly seperate from everyone else's, making their memories and experiences also seperate. That's why our souls, as you allude to them, are so different.

I applaud you for thinking outside of the box. It's refreshing to read something where an effort at real, insightful thinking is clear.

NEREVAR117 said:
Actually, 'Ghost in the Machine' is a real science term.

Wikipedia - "The ghost in the machine is British philosopher Gilbert Ryle's derogatory description for René Descartes' mind-body dualism. The phrase was introduced in Ryle's book The Concept of Mind, written in 1949, to highlight the perceived absurdity of dualist systems like Descartes' where mental activity carries on in parallel to physical action, but where their means of interaction are unknown or, at best, speculative."

I also want to make it clear this is not a theory, nor a speculation. Just random thoughts I had and decided to share.

Proves how little i know, and how little i care. ;)

wow, ya i read about something similar to that, called a universal memory plane or something like that. Actually i like that idea. Even if my life isn't the greatest i don't want all traces of it lost. I remeber last year when i took a one term Philosophy class ( i was always late and i would steal the teacher's cookies for breakfast, he was really cool though) i remember asking what happens to all the knowledge we gain in life when we die, and he said it is put in a box and placed in a little universail cubby hole. I don't know that just amused me but i found it comforting.

zraskolnikov said:
NEREVAR117 said:

This intrigues me, but I hope to death (pun shamelessly intended) that you're wrong, because I can't stand the idea of an afterlife.

I take issue with your first point; since that seems to be the beginning foundation of your argument, I find the rest hard to agree with.

The creation and storage of human memory, although a subject that begs further scientific examination, occurs in part in a small section of the brain known as the hippocampus. Once that section of the brain makes a memory, that memory stays within the confines of that person's brain (and skull). That's why we're all different people. Our memories are ours and ours alone.

If our memories were transmitted as you say to some kind of nep, people would be able to access it in some way. Take sound, for example. If I make a noise, and you are standing within distance of me, you will hear it. If I breathe out germs, someone else will breathe them in. If we work so similar to computers as your allegorical argument suggests, we would be able to "access" each other in a manner also similar.

But again, each person's brain is distinctly seperate from everyone else's, making their memories and experiences also seperate. That's why our souls, as you allude to them, are so different.

I applaud you for thinking outside of the box. It's refreshing to read something where an effort at real, insightful thinking is clear.

This is a good reply.

As I stated before, it's just random thoughts I had. I can't think of why there would be a magical linking system that connects data and information to the NEP. My little theory/idea is full of holes, I know.

Anyways, thank you everyone for the replies. :)

i think i get this but i feel like some points like god,afterlife,and ghost arent supported by the main theme
everything that has been is and will be exist in a parallel sense
and if it exist then we can learn from it
and in some vague sense probably have

lol ghosts in the machine reminds me of Deus Ex (machina) anyway I haven't read up on the idea but I would think there's no separation between "souls" in this NEP so if something machine could receive information from there it would be just random data so it would be something like in the movies pulse or event horizon where a whole bunch of "entities" just come rushing out... anyway that just my though

Latest posts

Back