Scariest game you have ever seen or watched?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikarmue

Reaction score
I have played and seen some scary games, but I want to know what is the scariest game you have all played and/or seen someone play on Youtube?

I'll start off: a few days ago, I was up all night, and I came across a video on Youtube by SomeOrdinaryGamers where he played a game called Toymaker. I decided to look for a longer playthrough on Youtube, and I came across a full playthrough of the terror on The Obscure Horror Corner. I also watched said playthrough at night, and now I feel like an idiot for doing so. The game may have primitive graphics, but the atmosphere man! I mean, come on, I played Resident Evil and Silent Hill, but this game easily does a better job than those two in scaring the crap out of me!

For those curious, just type in "Obscure Horror Corner Toymaker" in Youtube, and you should see the videos come up.

I can only remember the ones from when I was a kid. I watched my brother play Resident Evil and Diablo. I was scared honeysuckle. (I'm not that much different now..)

So those two would be on my list for this.

Years ago I used to sit and watch my old mate play one of the Silent Hill games on PS2. Those nurse things and Pyramid Head are freaky!

Jumpscares are not rocket science, so they are not a measurement for real scariness to me. Only the Silent Hill games have been able to make feel generally unwell and unsettled while playing them. Of course that feeling passed after the 3rd or 4th playthrough. Outlast and the Penumbra/Amnesia series did a good job as well because of the premise of total helplessness. You either run and hide or die.

What scared the hell out of me as a kid was watching my brother play the nightmare sequences in the first Max Payne game cause it involved a dead baby, suddenly moving. Suffice to say I was 10 or 11 then. The image kept reappearing in my head across the years though till I was old enough to complete the game by myself.

Rodent said:
What scared the hell out of me as a kid was watching my brother play the nightmare sequences in the first Max Payne game cause it involved a dead baby, suddenly moving.

My old mate used to play that too, and those scenes also freaked us out!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. All those sandtraps and water in the game were scary.

Doom 2 when it first came out was scary as fresia.

I think the next game that actually did a good job at scaring me was Resident Evil Director's Cut.

Clock Tower 2.

Whatever Fatal Frame game came out for PS2 was ******* creepy and unnerving

and then The Suffering....

I didn't get into Silent Hill until just after I played The Suffering. I came in way late for that.

The Suffering,if you adjust your color like the game tells you to, is both hard and scary as fresia. Or at least, that's how I remember it being.

Niantiel said:
Doom 2 when it first came out was scary as fresia.

I think the next game that actually did a good job at scaring me was Resident Evil Director's Cut.

Clock Tower 2.

Whatever Fatal Frame game came out for PS2 was ******* creepy and unnerving

and then The Suffering....

I didn't get into Silent Hill until just after I played The Suffering. I came in way late for that.

The Suffering,if you adjust your color like the game tells you to, is both hard and scary as fresia. Or at least, that's how I remember it being.

Yes, "Fatal Frame" was "honeysuckle yourself" scary. I had an X-Box long ago.

Scariest game I played was silent hill 2. After you played it it sticks with you hours afterwards. Everything about it was terrifying the characters the monsters the town itself.

tsar said:
Scariest game I played was silent hill 2. After you played it it sticks with you hours afterwards. Everything about it was terrifying the characters the monsters the town itself.

I only went as far as watching the gameplay and still got freaked out at times.

Silent Hill 2 was really good. it still looks good despite being 15 YEARS OLD

14_1.jpg

I watched a Let's Play of Amnesia: The Dark Descent back when it was really popular. I've resigned to the fact that I'll never be brave enough to play through it myself.

PixiePalace said:
I watched a Let's Play of Amnesia: The Dark Descent back when it was really popular. I've resigned to the fact that I'll never be brave enough to play through it myself.

Same. :s

Rodent said:
Jumpscares are not rocket science, so they are not a measurement for real scariness to me. Only the Silent Hill games have been able to make feel generally unwell and unsettled while playing them. Of course that feeling passed after the 3rd or 4th playthrough. Outlast and the Penumbra/Amnesia series did a good job as well because of the premise of total helplessness. You either run and hide or die.

What scared the hell out of me as a kid was watching my brother play the nightmare sequences in the first Max Payne game cause it involved a dead baby, suddenly moving. Suffice to say I was 10 or 11 then. The image kept reappearing in my head across the years though till I was old enough to complete the game by myself.

I have similar opinion about jump scares. They can be more annoying than scary. For example, I was annoyed by Nemesis's jump scares in Resident Evil 3 like when he jumped through a window into a hall, I was like "ughhh, again." I played that game in an early age but somehow didn't find it that scary.

Definitely eeriness of Silent Hill games has been disturbing to me. I've heard Silent Hill Shattered Memories are similar to Amnesia in regard of gameplay. Without any combat element, you can either run away from enemy or die, but haven't played it myself yet.

tsar said:
Scariest game I played was silent hill 2.  After you played it it sticks with you hours afterwards.  Everything about it was terrifying the characters the monsters the town itself.

I agree tsar. Have you played Silent Hill Origins? That one was terrifying as well. I don't want to write more about it here in order to avoid tiniest info that might be considered a spoiler, but there are elements that add to scariness of it.

Silent hill 1 tops off anything in this genre. Followed by Silent Hill 3 then Silent hill 2 and if you want more, then shattered memories and origins.

Latest posts

Back