Something New

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamya

Reaction score
On 3/19/2015 I posted this.

kamya said:
Starting the cycle again. I called in to work for no reason today. It's nice that I can do that at this job and not get in trouble. But this is how it always starts. I can't motivate myself to go in to work. It's going to get worse over the next 6-7 months until I ultimately quit (October usually). I'll be jobless for a couple of months and magically find a slightly higher paying job and start the cycle all over again. This is how I dropped out of college as well, just stopped being able to push myself to show up.

We'll see how it goes.

Oh how right I was on this one. I quit that call center job. I had enough money saved up to last a month or so, and for the rest I sold some of what I was able to cultivate. Turns out I can cultivate some pretty hard to find and sought after things.

I've always wanted to drive trucks. I visited a school and after a couple of day I signed one of those 1 year contracts with a trucking company. In return they paid the $4k for my training up front.

After that I studied and got my permit. I trained for my CDL for a month. Last Friday I took the inspection, parking, and driving tests. I passed flawlessly without scoring a single point against me. In fact, our whole class did. I couldn't have asked for a better instructor, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to train with.

So now I have my CDL. I start my new job on the 21st. I'll be making over double what I made at my last job and I'll get to travel the country while I do it.

Once my lease is up I will have no bills. No rent and no utilities. I'll just be spending money on food and my phone. I might sell my car since I will rarely get to use it and the insurance costs add up. I plan to stack all of that money and invest it well.

Driving has always been my zen. It's what I would do when I get stressed out in order to relax. I used to waste a ton of gas just driving around aimlessly at night.

I've wanted to do this since I dropped out of school when I was 21. I never did it because my parents were convinced I would be able to go back and finish my degree. That never happened.

Anyways, that's my success story for now. I figured I'd share it to give an update to that previous post. Hopefully things keep going as planned.

Also mostly posting this as a big thank you to the members that wished me well and supported me during all of this. You guys are awesome.

This is great kamya! Very, very well done! :D All the best for your new job, and I hope you manage to keep going exactly as you've planned. Many hugs, much luck!

You go mate! I hope the new job (and new phase in life) are full of great things for you!

congratulations Kamya!!! Way to follow your dreams :) Who knows what will happen next...

I'm really happy things are getting better for you, Kamya. You deserve this and I wish for you more happiness and even more good things to come your way.

Good job. :D

That is great news that things are moving forward for you Kamya.. May you continue to have Bright blessings ^.^

Latest posts

Back